• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have all left the ladder down so many times there is not even a trophy for it on this site...

Bdray86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Upgraded from regular TV's to TVW's. Huge difference in the wake! Very happy with the upgrade!
View attachment 116670

Also swapped out the POS/worthless PVC boat guides to a set I found @ Cabelas. Again, very happy with the upgrade!
View attachment 116671
View attachment 116673
Have you had a chance to try these out yet? Looking for something similar for my wife to be able to help her center the boat on the trailer. Strong cross wind and current at the ramp we use. We to go to know if you can “bounce” or “pivot” the boat off of these or not

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would love to see the write up on that! What kind of switch, where did you mount it, and how did you run the wire? With the little kids, that would sure be handy.
Wow, it has been awhile. I think I wrote it up and posted at YamahaJetboaters.com. I'll see if I can find it.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have you had a chance to try these out yet? Looking for something similar for my wife to be able to help her center the boat on the trailer. Strong cross wind and current at the ramp we use. We to go to know if you can “bounce” or “pivot” the boat off of these or not
I have used them 1 time since installing them. They are very stout and have no play/flex which is what I was looking for. I haven't tried to bounce/pivot from them yet, but that is the secondary thought behind installing these for those exact situations. On our only load up since installing these, I would say I may have barely nudged them as the conditions were great for loading. As stout as they are, I have faith that one could bump/pivot from them as long as you aren't buzzing the tower at mach speed. I would think that if you bump them at a reasonable approach speed, they will hold up just fine. The main reason I went with these was to get the boat to settle/center on the trailer. I got tired of pulling the trailer out to find we were not centered and would have to re-dunk her to try again. This mainly happened on windy days and I hate being "that guy" who takes forever on the ramp. It has also been known to happen when "the crew" "forgets" to sit still and not move around the boat (trying to gather their personal belonging) causing too much weight on one side of the boat while pulling her out.

The only down side I could see for some would be that they are not very tall and they can get submerged at some of the steeper ramps. This is usually not a problem for my son (who drives while launching and retrieving), but with trying to teach my wife and daughter how to back the trailer, I may add some removable driveway markers. The two of them freak out now that there isn't a visual marker they can see clearly.
1587919566258.png

The first set of guides I bought (PVC) were recommended by several members on this forum. These are just like them, but I can't remember where I bought them.
1587920644874.png
I found them to be very flimsy and damn near broke one off on a nasty windy day. I came in at a slight angle and caught the PVC upright with the port side near the bow at a low speed and the current/wind kept on pushing the boat into the guide and it flexed over and pretty much went under the boat. I saw it happening and reversed out and made another attempt. When I reversed out the guide returned to its upright position like nothing, but I found them pointless with helping to get the boat centered on the trailer. The only purpose I found for the old guides was to see the ass end of the trailer in the water.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow, it has been awhile. I think I wrote it up and posted at YamahaJetboaters.com. I'll see if I can find it.
Does anyone have a login there? Clicking the link that comes up on the search function requires a login. Don’t think this is the post @buckbuck is talking about, but it’s the only one I could find so far.

That_Jeep_Dude

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Relocated the battery trays (and installed new batteries) to make room for some BOOM! A0398C7B-6799-4999-A83B-8DFE3365B285.jpegE93E3998-1C48-4BED-B7CA-33BBBB8F3BD1.jpeg1BADE189-523A-4D22-AD1E-F09ECCAC8911.jpeg6B7B75B4-B1E4-4B7C-865F-258EFF3D70E7.jpegF8E285CC-B0DB-4035-B3E9-529121A7F22B.jpeg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@BigAbe75
July of 2013 is when I did the ladder down sensor project. I still have the pictures I posted on my computer. If someone can't find my write up on YamahaJetboaters.com I guess I could re-create it. My search did not turn anything up.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

That_Jeep_Dude

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
any worry screwing them down? Going through something critical, like the hull? haha. I've been scarred by that picture of screws through the hull
I mean, i just had to check my placement and make sure there was room. Wasn't too bad at all! Plus, i had seen some pics of other guys moving their batteries to this same location. I will eventually build a sliding tray for them so they are easy to mount and secure, then just slide back into that hole and will be completely out of the way. That's a project for this fall/winter though.

Fangio68

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Installed these last weekend. I forgot what a pain in the $#@ is was working on boats.
Burnewinn mounts.
The holes were for cup holders,,I think 3.5 inch. I only needed 2.25 inch,,had to fill holes. Access was great,,sarcastic, bruises on arm and sides.
At least they look nice, and have great accessories. I mostly did it because I want to put a sunshade with rod holder shade poles.
Boat is a Scarab 255 Open ID

Taso

Attachments

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice! Was that a custom job? Do they flap and beat up the gel coat during trailering?
Oh no... u dont trailer with them... it's just to keep the sun iff of the gel coat while sitting outside.... it was a company y out of South Carolina that makes them... if anyone is interested I can look up the name. It's very heavy material.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh no... u dont trailer with them... it's just to keep the sun iff of the gel coat while sitting outside.... it was a company y out of South Carolina that makes them... if anyone is interested I can look up the name. It's very heavy material.
Who makes them?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I took advantage of the stay at home order and in the morning I replaced the standard screws on my speakers with “security screws” and installed a knob (?) on my steering wheel. After dinner I cut and roughly fitted two shelves for the head compartment.
B3817E47-2A2A-48BE-B741-528E55C76D06.jpeg
FD403A50-64B9-4A69-83E1-3ED8EA6A5FA8.jpeg
50510742-2B5F-4C42-8FF0-E20449879BA6.jpeg

Attachments