• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Steering cable assembly came in late yesterday to I finished the boat this morning. Everything went smooth, I already had Everything cleaned an ready to reassemble. Found the perfect tool for the 22mm nut for the cable since it's recessed in its cavity. It's a automotive O2 sensor socket. Works like a dream.
Side note that the factory junk clear silicone isn't doing much sealing these cables. The stuff falls off with ease.
Everything is adjusted perfectly with the nozzles and the AK.
View attachment 222616View attachment 222617View attachment 222618View attachment 222619View attachment 222620
Nice shop!..said it before and I will say it again.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got my 5 year Mother-May-I permission slip thru Virginia/EPA/Corps of Engineers, to cut the hydrilla around the dock..... we will see how long the "Grass cut" is good for. Contracted company with underwater hedge trimmer boat(best way to describe it) will be here Tuesday to cut and remove hydrilla around dock and cut me a weed free path to the boat channel. This weed barrier behind the boat currently makes for a 15 minute process to use the trolling motor to get past the weed line before firing up the motors. Without a trolling motor it wouldn't happen lol...... cant even get the jet ski out this year as the weeds didn't die out during the winter this year. Last two pictures were from Apr of this year.....First one is from last month at end of May installing trim tabs...
Is there a fine, or some reason they won't allow it? I'm not clear on how far or how bad this is for you, so I'm just wondering here, but they make any number of weed rakes, cutters, removers etc. My creek is like that, but we're fine to clear whatever we want. The short distance out to the lake is kept clear by boat traffic, and once you're out on the lake, mother nature keeps the rest in check for the most part.

Seems like dragging a weed razor behind your boat on the way out and in would help your situation, but I don't know the legalities of your area.

madtom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Once I get the half acre of weeds( like 200 ft to the channel) cleared by the contractor I will do something to help keep it clean..... for whatever reason even though it is an invasive species you cant just clear-cut without a permit...up to a 10K fine was mentioned because it disturbs wildlife habitat. I'm not sure about the Warden patrol schedule but there are several Law Enforcement agencies to include DWR that use the docks in our local marinas (literally at the end of my block)..... They already don't like me as I got the Maryland (Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Fishing License 50$ to cover everyone fishing in the boat vs the Virginia Version Resident Tidal Boat Sport Fishing for more than 125$ this year) I would rather them just be giving people safety and DUI Checks rather than harassing me about my weeds lol.
1719889063337.png

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Once I get the half acre of weeds( like 200 ft to the channel) cleared by the contractor I will do something to help keep it clean..... for whatever reason even though it is an invasive species you cant just clear-cut without a permit...up to a 10K fine was mentioned because it disturbs wildlife habitat. I'm not sure about the Warden patrol schedule but there are several Law Enforcement agencies to include DWR that use the docks in our local marinas (literally at the end of my block)..... They already don't like me as I got the Maryland (Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Fishing License 50$ to cover everyone fishing in the boat vs the Virginia Version Resident Tidal Boat Sport Fishing for more than 125$ this year) I would rather them just be giving people safety and DUI Checks rather than harassing me about my weeds lol.
View attachment 222859
Well whatever happens, I'm just going to warn you that you need to be careful around the water with 16oz of diquat, because if you were to accidentally spill it into 15 gallons of water, and THAT accidentally fell into the lake and evenly spread over the area, that could be catastrophic to any of those aquatic plants you're trying to cultivate.

I've seen it happen, and it's not pretty. It's like an aquatic Sahara desert.