• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

Maslin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish it did that. For some reason, it just doesn't. Maybe it's because I'm using an adaptor from a 4-pin connection? My towing vehicle is a 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid.

If there's a way to do this automatically I'd be all for it.

Correct, one of the 3 pins you're losing is reverse.

Power, reverse and brake controller are on the 7. You just have ground, tails, left and right.

Ribs77

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The fix seems like more of a PITA than just using the magnetic lockout, especially since I shouldn't be towing that often from my wet slip.

Also found out I can self-fuel up at my marina (the only one on the lake where I can do that) so I don't need to pull the boat to find 92 octane!

jthackman

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and....how do they sound?

Ribs77

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had the boat out with 6 people yesterday - two adults, two teens, two middle school kids. I definitely noticed that it wasn't as peppy on acceleration, which seems expected. It also seemed to cavitate just a bit on hard acceleration from low speeds. Nothing terrible, but felt a little bit of slipping so I modulated the throttle. I only took it up to 30-35 or so and it had no trouble getting there, but should I be concerned at all?

Boat has about 145 hours on it - will I need to be checking/replacing the impeller or wear ring next season, for example?

cruising.png

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Had the boat out with 6 people yesterday - two adults, two teens, two middle school kids. I definitely noticed that it wasn't as peppy on acceleration, which seems expected. It also seemed to cavitate just a bit on hard acceleration from low speeds. Nothing terrible, but felt a little bit of slipping so I modulated the throttle. I only took it up to 30-35 or so and it had no trouble getting there, but should I be concerned at all?

Boat has about 145 hours on it - will I need to be checking/replacing the impeller or wear ring next season, for example?

View attachment 221903
This sounds like common performance when loaded down.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Pay closer attention and note who and where everyone is positioned. Two up front in the bow on a choppy-ish day would seem to be enough to raise the transom enough to have the jets spitting out into the air if you hit a swell when trying to take off. External conditions can be the complete reason for some things, so noting those is often just as important as the sounds you're hearing. The natural inclination is to "WTF" the situation, but you were still moving, so mental notes on what your conditions were in can give you clues. Trying to repeat it under those conditions will show you if your hunch was right.