• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Best looking 212X I've seen in a while!
Thanks! Now it makes me wanna do the dragon scales marine mat interior with the same colors. 😆. However, I have the edge extra mats and ripping these things off SUUUUUUUCKS! I've done it on my old 212x and it wasn't fun.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The edge will look good with the dragon scales. I would not recommend doing black on the floor however It gets too hot and also the black top color selection voids the warranty.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Alrighty, I am nearly done! Ceramic coating is on all the parts I previously polished even the cut outs. All that's left is patching some chips on the bottom of the hull from rocks being kicked up while trailering, pull the batteries and leave them on the tender.
20240417_181120.jpg20240417_181127.jpg20240417_181143.jpg20240417_181146.jpg

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alrighty, I am nearly done! Ceramic coating is on all the parts I previously polished even the cut outs. All that's left is patching some chips on the bottom of the hull from rocks being kicked up while trailering, pull the batteries and leave them on the tender.
View attachment 218293View attachment 218294View attachment 218295View attachment 218296
Not sure if I have mentioned it before, but every time you post pictures of your nice ceramic coated, shiny boat, i like you less and less........(joking).

Looks good man, the impact graphics add a nice touch.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Best looking 212X I've seen in a while!
Hey Will,
Sharon sent me the flickr page of an orange '08 SX230 that you guys did with black tribal graphics style. One of the biggest things that I liked about this 212 design is that it had (seemingly) a lot more coverage than the SX230 one. Obviously the hull profile is different, but is there any chance/plans that JBP would design one closer to the 212 style?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Will,
Sharon sent me the flickr page of an orange '08 SX230 that you guys did with black tribal graphics style. One of the biggest things that I liked about this 212 design is that it had (seemingly) a lot more coverage than the SX230 one. Obviously the hull profile is different, but is there any chance/plans that JBP would design one closer to the 212 style?
Not likely we'll change the file for production but if the boat were in the shop we could do something custom for you.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not likely we'll change the file for production but if the boat were in the shop we could do something custom for you.
Understood, appreciate the update.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure if I have mentioned it before, but every time you post pictures of your nice ceramic coated, shiny boat, i like you less and less........(joking).

Looks good man, the impact graphics add a nice touch.
🤣 Thanks! I like shiny things. 😆

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ribs77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I launched the boat today for the first time without help from an experienced boater. Just my wife and I! And I made a few mistakes, but hopefully none serious.

The first mistake was untying from one of the cleats before I finished running the blower and starting the motor. (Side note: Is 4 minutes really required?) The wind picked up a bit and the boat started turning around, so I had to scramble a bit to undo the other rope, start the engine and begin maneuvering away from the dock.

Second "mistake": The water was too rough. It's a beautiful day here in Seattle and it seemed calm at launch, but the wind kicked up pretty quickly and it became kinda "not fun" on the water. It wasn't beating us up horribly, but I decided to head back to the dock after just a short outing.

Third mistake: I didn't remove the rear tie downs completely from the trailer and one of them fell into the water as I was retrieving the boat. I only noticed when I went to buckle them up afterward. Good way to learn this lesson!

Fourth mistake: I forgot to open the plugs before turning the engine on for a quick flushout. I only ran the engine for 5-6 seconds - hopefully that didn't harm anything.

I ended up having to use the winch a bit to get the boat the last few inches onto the trailer - the manual says not to do this but the previous owner did it and I've seen others do it. Is that a fifth mistake?!