• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Guide Help

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone with any thoughts or which type of trailer guides I should be using or looking for? Not sure how to decide, I've seen the 40 and 60 inch... Is the taller the better? Do they really in the way of the fenders?
Thanks in advance!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our LX210 came with guides on the trailer and scratches where the previous owner had rubbed against them. By the time we sold it I was buffing off additional rubs that we had added.

Our SX230 came without guides and without the scratches. I am trying to keep it that way.

If you do add guides please add soft covers for them as well.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would tell you to go with the taller model and with padding/covers.

I bought my boat without them and while trying to load on a very windy day I ended up sideways on the trailer with a dent in the fender. I don't ever have to worry about that again, it just takes another variable out of the equation, to me it was money well spent.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thanks for the replies guys! Great tips and I found the roller type guides to avoid scuffing up the hull but they seem too short...at 21 inches tall will I even see it when the trailer is in the water??

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I installed the 60" with pads and LED lights they look sharp at night. We have a pretty strong current at times on the Suwannee so they really help in keeping the boat from drifting as you load. And on trailering trips at night the LEDS really are nice for monitoring your lane postion.

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have 60" veve's along with matching pads. Added lights on top. The guides, pads and lights were all different vendors. GREAT mod in my families opinion

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

I put the 60 inch veve's on mine, they are really useful in backing the empty trailer down the ramp too, otherwise its really hard to see the trailer.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I also got the 60 inch veves. You can cut them down about 10 inches if you find them too high but I don't think you will.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
:winkingthumbsup"

I put the 60 inch veve's on mine, they are really useful in backing the empty trailer down the ramp too, otherwise its really hard to see the trailer.

Nice! that's what I needed to know and the covers look sharp! I guess the LEDs would be a plus... thanks everyone and come on summer!!

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I got the covers at Beyond the Wake

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had Vee Bee 60" guides for 6 years. No covers. No boat scratches as they hit on the stainless rib on the boat. Very handy on windy days. Excellent quality.

albett3

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I also bought the 60" ve-ve guides. I had bought some pads for them but they ended up fading and tearing after about a year so I just removed them.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
i wish i could add them. But then the boat wouldn’t fit in the garage. Bearly fits now

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Y'all's are almost straight up and down, mine are leaning out at an angle...I bought the boat/trailer like that, I wonder if they are installed wrong or something?

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some brands lean out, im sure yours are just a different brand

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought the 65 inch VeVe guides with the VeVe pads and think they are excellent quaility. I bought CE smith lights off amazon and installed them on the tops. Painted everything black before the install to match my trailer. I'm on a different computer from where my photos are stored so I'll upload later. Until then you can check out the pictures here. http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52504&p=481043#p481043
Don't be dumb like me and install them right over your gas cap. :rolleyes:

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Derick, I see what you did there!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Fortunately the VeVe posts have a little give to them so getting the gas nozzle into the hole isn't too much work. Definitely not ideal though.

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I got the covers at Beyond the Wake
That's what i bought at first too, the pads didn't last 1 year before fading badly, I ended up getting some made with sunbrella material that will last for years. Its more expensive but it's worth it.