• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Guide Help

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't be dumb like me and install them right over your gas cap. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE said:
That is too bad..why not just move them? Or have you done that already.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Haven't done it yet. Lots of other more important things to work on last fall. At some point I'll have to drill two new holes and move the posts back a few inches.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So just out of curiosity, how much width do these add to your trailer? I planned on installing these but had not even gave clearance a thought..

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only about 6" -8" to the overall width at the widest part of the boat.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep another mod to add to the list this year. 60" ve ve guides and lights and pads.....

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welp that was fast!!! My man @mattschepker hooked me up. Another mod down! Thanks Matt, I really do appreciate it. :thumbsup:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I had the CE Smith guides and I the LED lights are important to you, that is what you will need. The longer the better. I bought 40" and ended up replacing the posts to about 55" later. I had pads and since it is stored indoors, they were still good when I sold re boat at 4 years old. The shirt guides will scratch the boat, and as mentioned,the taller will ride On the stainless rub rail. But on a steep ramp, the back of your trailer may be deep enough that the guides are below the rub rail alongside mid boat. So pads, however long they last are a good thing. Again, if you never use a steep ramp, this won't be an issue, as with 60", it shouldn't be anyway. My drive is winding and tree lined...and almost 200' long, plus downhill. Backing at night was 1000% easier with the lighted posts. One member even added backup floods on the trailer and that too would have benefited me when backing in solo at night. image.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
anybody had these that had the CE guides as well? I'm tired of dealing with the CE guides bending if you barely touch them....no strength to them at all and was wondering if the ve-ve's are better? Or is this something I'm going to have to deal with until I finally break the bank and get a wake boat?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My ve-ve's are pretty strong, they've been pressured pretty hard with the kids learning how to load/unload and I've not noticed any bend to them.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our LX210s trailer had guides. Our SX230s trailer does not. I would not add them. Not having guides makes it much easier to negotiate tight ramps.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have sort of debated taking them off as well, but I'm not sure if I want to do that. I do a pretty decent amount of trailering at night and I like the added visibility (have lights on mine as well). It also helps as a couple of our ramps can have a fairly hard crosswind...I don't think I need them, but every once in awhile somebody else loads the boat and it makes me a lot more comfortable when they do

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have sort of debated taking them off as well, but I'm not sure if I want to do that. I do a pretty decent amount of trailering at night and I like the added visibility (have lights on mine as well). It also helps as a couple of our ramps can have a fairly hard crosswind...I don't think I need them, but every once in awhile somebody else loads the boat and it makes me a lot more comfortable when they do
These Landing strip LED lights on the trailer more than make up for not having guides with lights.

When it is windy I leave the bunks a little further out of the water so that they do a better job of catching the hull.

LandingStrip.jpg

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am firmly in the "Guides are a must camp". . . . .have had my VeVe's for over 12 months, and put the CE Smith lamps on top. Never bent them, and they have been a great help on more than 1 occasion.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jetboater4life Just wanted to verify... did you just drill through the step to install the clamp bolts and plates? I have that extended step like yours on my galvanized trailer.
@HidnNOS How long is that frame "nub" past the end of your step? I have one on mine and that's where I'd like to install it, but I don't think it'll be long enough.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@smthng
Yes I just drilled through. I did it with the boat off the trailer. That lead to the problem of having the post sit right in front of the gas cap. There is enough give in the post so I can still fill, but I am going to drill to more holes on each side and move the post back. I painted and then coated my bolts in antizeize to protect them. Each season I need to tighten them up. I found that the bottom plate bends a little. I think they should have used thicker steel.