• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trailer Guide poles

Kofficer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Is it ok to have just pvc for the trailer guide poles or should they have some type of padding on them? The PVC appears to be about 2 1/2 inch diameter, so if something is recommended, what to use? Also as in my pic they seem to have been bent outwards further than normal. Anyone come up with a way to bend these back? Guessing a really big vise and hammer, lol.

View attachment 186814

Well, first off that pole needs to be vertical. Make them about an 1 - 1.5 inches away from the rub rail. I would put a covering on them. The are really not meant to be tight but keep your boat aligned correctly.

I used these on mine they have a bit of padding to them and they work great. You would have to look for something that will fit your pvc.

Amazon.com: CE Smith-27900 Post Guide-ON Cover Black 36" : Sports & Outdoors

I had just PVC on mine when I bought the boat but ended up putting covers on them. They're great.

I had pvc pipe that was sitting around galvanized pole. If the boat rubed up against poll it would roll thus causing no scratches or friction. I would not have any guides that did not have this function.

IMHO, VeVe guides are strong and won't bend in most conditions as others will. With the base for the pvc to roll on, they will roll when in contact with the rub rail.

20220828_081804.jpg

I slipped pads over the pvc.

20220828_082035.jpg

I have the same Veve guides and I have to agree they are very very sturdy and a great help. The small extra brace at the bottom makes a big difference in strength.

Back