• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trailer issues

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just got a 2015 242 LS with the galvanized shorelander trailer. It bounces bad at 68mph. Ive had all 5 wheels balanced but it continues. I am noticing cracks on both the fenders now after only 3 trailer trips.

Are these cracks going to be a problem? Are they normal?

Pics are left and right fenders cracked in different spots. The dealer is not being responsive to the trailer vibrating/ bouncing issue at all. Juts keep getting runaround. Called Yamaha and they said the dealer is going to handle it..but its been 3 weeks.

Also they threw away my shipping cover. In the Yamaha brochure it even states it comes with the 242 LS.

Attachments

• 2015-05-11 19.41.14.jpg
    2015-05-11 19.41.14.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 2015-05-11 19.40.47.jpg
    2015-05-11 19.40.47.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 29
Sorry about your trailer problems. I would check to insure that the bearing preload is correct. other than that i would check all spring and axel bolts for tightness.
good luck
Jeb

Wow. Mine pulls like a dream with no bounce. Tracks really great also. I'd hightail it back to the dealer for a fix or replacement.

Yea it is not like a bump bounce its a very high frequency.. at 68mph it shakes my full size RAM. I have even tried another new pickup with air ride and its the same. It did pull much better full of stuff and full fuel load.

I would have them check your balance again as well as run out on your rims. If you are balanced and have a rim with a bad run out, it will act like an imbalance issue (Bent wheel at the hub section) and tear things up. You can check it yourself as well in your drive way, grab a ruler and some duct tape, jack the tire off the ground, tape the ruler to the frame (or par anything that will function as a fixed reference near your rim edge) then rotate the wheel and watch it for any deviations in the gap.

Last edited:
I would think a busted belt in a tire would cause this too. The tires on these trailers from the factory are not exactly top performers...

Yes they were all slightly bent when we picked it up in fact the spare was the worst. Also note the trailer n boat were not shipped rather they were driven down from Atlanta to Tampa last minute to met our delivery date.

I want a new trailer but their stating its just a warranty issue. How can i check for bad tires? That is my guess at this point.

I would make them replace the trailer at this point. I just realized it is new, you said they were all bent which tells me someone probably dropped it when unloading it form the truck. Stick to your guns on this, it should be problem free and this is not indicating that at all...

My first guess was the tires are flat spotted and\or bent rims. I'd be raising hell! Get them to replace the rims and tires and fix the cracked fenders. We drove hundreds of miles on the original bias ply tires before we switched to radials and it is a night and day difference.

Back