• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer parking fail!

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That would be a great spot to have a place and a horrible one all at once!

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I watch boat ramp fails on youtube all the time. Amazing how dumb people are.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I watch boat ramp fails on youtube all the time. Amazing how dumb people are.
I dunno.....I think we've all done stupid stuff before. Maybe not to the level of some of these people. However, right now with tensions and anxiety high with the massive crowding at ramps one can quickly forget the simple things they're used to while being rushed. Ramp was busy our first trip out this year and couldn't figure out why my boat wouldn't come off the trailer......I've been launching boats since I was 14, yet in this instance forgot to take off the tie downs in the rear. Then to make matters worse the rope my wife was holding, she catches and ties up the boat while I park, got caught underneath the tire. From a bystander you'd look and be like WTF....that guy's an idiot. In this case we were just in a rush trying to get in and out of everybody's way since the line was so long and missed a vital step in prepping the boat to launch.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@suke been there done that. Boat slowly rotating instead of backing up.
I was undistinguished the straps when one of our guest started talking to me and then I forgot. Idiot :banghead:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took this on what is probably the busiest Saturday I've seen in years. No damage to the truck/trailer, but I bet that sticker on the window is going to cost him something. Brand new GMC AT4, and a triple axle trailer. I'm guessing money availability isn't his problem, just access to quality brain cells.

StupidParking.jpg

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took this on what is probably the busiest Saturday I've seen in years. No damage to the truck/trailer, but I bet that sticker on the window is going to cost him something. Brand new GMC AT4, and a triple axle trailer. I'm guessing money availability isn't his problem, just access to quality brain cells.

View attachment 120481
At least he’s running a stoltz bow roller :)

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dunno.....I think we've all done stupid stuff before. Maybe not to the level of some of these people. However, right now with tensions and anxiety high with the massive crowding at ramps one can quickly forget the simple things they're used to while being rushed. Ramp was busy our first trip out this year and couldn't figure out why my boat wouldn't come off the trailer......I've been launching boats since I was 14, yet in this instance forgot to take off the tie downs in the rear. Then to make matters worse the rope my wife was holding, she catches and ties up the boat while I park, got caught underneath the tire. From a bystander you'd look and be like WTF....that guy's an idiot. In this case we were just in a rush trying to get in and out of everybody's way since the line was so long and missed a vital step in prepping the boat to launch.
Had the same thing happen to my rope, my buddies wife was trying to be helpful when I was getting it on the trailer but didn’t throw the rope in the boat, I was worried the about the cleat/fiberglass but thankfully no damage. I forgot to put the clean out plugs back in when I launched, took me a minute to figure what the what all the noise was when I was backing up, and why I was getting almost no thrust. I’m still a newb but both were a little embarrassing.