• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer post guide

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Or measure a few inches from the rub rail lol. When you mount the clamps or brackets for the guides, leave them a little loose so that you can nudge the guide closer or further away from the boat rub rail. Do this until you reach a few inches. Once you get the gap you want then tighten down the clamps or brackets. It's not hard at all. Measuring from the center of the trailer assumes your trailer bunks are perfectly symmetrically mounted. It's easy to measure from the rub rail so long as the boat is sitting evenly on the bunks.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had them on previous boats but do not currently have them as I have found the with the yamahas shallow draft I can leave trailer shallow enough that the rear doesn't slide with the current. That being said they are still well worth the $100 investment they were great if you had the trailer to deep or had to use a steep ramp. Also great help at giving you a place to line up the boat when loading. If you install them with the boat on the trailer no real need to measure just install them where the poles sit a few inches outside the rub rail of the boat.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Joking aside...... measure 53" from the center line to each side of the trailer.
Perfect. That's what I needed to know. Thanks a bunch.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had them on previous boats but do not currently have them as I have found the with the yamahas shallow draft I can leave trailer shallow enough that the rear doesn't slide with the current. That being said they are still well worth the $100 investment they were great if you had the trailer to deep or had to use a steep ramp. Also great help at giving you a place to line up the boat when loading. If you install them with the boat on the trailer no real need to measure just install them where the poles sit a few inches outside the rub rail of the boat.
Gotcha. My concern was, the transom seems smaller so if I used the rub rails there, I was thinking the middle of the boat where it budges out might be too big for the guides since they are in the back.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's PVC and made to flex. Yes the midship is a little wider but we're not talking a massive difference on one side compared to the rear. Just mount them a few inches and you're fine.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use guides that have a slight bend in them, they seem to help spring the boat to center. Due to storage space limitations mine are intentionally mounted to touch the boat. No problems with the top lights scratching the hull because of the thick pads. I’ve bent them 45+ degrees front to back and a good bit side to side (note that they are pvc top to bottom, no metal horizonal mount or base, just a bracket and U bolts) for over 7 or 8 years now and two trailers best upgrade ever. The weak components of my system are the covers, they last around 3 years and start to fade after two years for me.
5AEC7BB6-6C73-4A69-8143-BD63E868501D.jpeg 4AED7506-D417-4AF5-8903-2E9D611CDDDC.jpeg

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I set the uncovered pvc guides a couple inches off the rubrail.
20170519_190225.jpg
And then put the covers on
20170524_122320.jpg
20170525_171422_001.jpg
I use the white section of the PVC pipe, below the pad, as a depth gauge for backing the trailer into the water. Backing so water just touches the pad is usually deep enough.

Last edited:

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's PVC and made to flex. Yes the midship is a little wider but we're not talking a massive difference on one side compared to the rear. Just mount them a few inches and you're fine.
Ok great. Great info all. Thanks for the help.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gotcha. My concern was, the transom seems smaller so if I used the rub rails there, I was thinking the middle of the boat where it budges out might be too big for the guides since they are in the back.
I didn't realize how much until I installed VeVe Guides on our trailer. Our SeaDoo X20 is considerably narrower in the rear. So much, that the first time we backed the boat off, the boat wedged between the guideposts! VeVe guides do not flex like the others. I had to pull it and adjust.

Even though the mounting hardware was anodized, I ended up painting all the hardware, and the lower half of the PVC black. Then once installed and the pads/covers on, the whole thing was black. Those that want lights will many times go Ce Smith. I have seen a few rig lights on the VeVe's.

If you want to be able to put the bow between them, and truly use them as a guide, or hold the boat in cross waves, get the VeVe guides with pads. They are strong like guide posts on a boat lift.

Good luck!

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the VeVe's, what size is best for a AR240? I assume the 65".

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the VeVe's, what size is best for a AR240? I assume the 65".
Yup. I have the 65" poles and I feel they still need to be taller. lol

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The older 232 boats are shorter than the 242's. I had 48" on my AR232, but had to put 65" on the 242LS to be tall enough.
IMG_0406.jpg IMG_0408.jpg IMG_0409.jpg IMG_0411.jpg