• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Rebuild

Hoppy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I'm working on the trailer for my new to me 2005 AR210 two-stroke and its the factory trailer its the same as the LS2000, LX2000, LX210. I have not got the chance to put it in the water yet I'm waiting for the replacement engine in the mail. Those of you with one one of these boats and factory trailer is the trailer tong long enough to launch the boat at the ramp without getting the tow vehicle tires into the water? The tong on the trailer looks very short, I was thinking I would extend it and add a swing away hinge. Just wanting to know if I should order up a swing away hinge so I'm ready. Thanks in advance

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That answer cannot be given, as the landing will determine that as much as the trailer. How steep it drops off, overall depth of water etc, all play into the answer.

Just understand, that the trailer was designed for the shallow hull of these older generation boats. They take much less water to float off than the newer hulls with a deeper v. All you can do is try, and understand that your experience will be different at every landing.

Don't bother making a major mod until you have tried.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some ramps I launch with vehicle completely out of the water. Others I have had the back tires in the water and there is one that I have put both tires in the water since it is a weird long ramp. Just assume you will always have to do both depending on ramp condition and water levels.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You’ll very possibly end up with too low of a tongue weight if you extend it much. I’d calculate that out and check to see if you can move the axles to balance it out if needed.

I don’t pay a ton of attention at the ramp and I’ve only ever towed with SUV’s, but I feel like almost everyone gets their rear tires a little wet when launching.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some ramps I launch with vehicle completely out of the water. Others I have had the back tires in the water and there is one that I have put both tires in the water since it is a weird long ramp. Just assume you will always have to do both depending on ramp condition and water levels.
You’ve put all 4 tires in the water? That would scare me. The ramps been slimy here lately and I’ve been sliding back a little if I’m not real smooth on the brakes.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You’ve put all 4 tires in the water? That would scare me. The ramps been slimy here lately and I’ve been sliding back a little if I’m not real smooth on the brakes.
Yes I have. Not an issue. Very gradual ramp. Hard Ramps, and not moss covered.

Hoppy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Thank you for all the responses, I understand that the ramp angle will determine how far into the water I have to back the boat into the water, I was just wanting to get a general idea of others experiences. I am not going to extend out the tong unless I find I need to with my boat and the ramp I normally use but with the tong being so short looking I do not want to be that guy with half his truck in the water to launch his boat.;) Its good to hear it will probably work as is. Good tip on checking the tong weight I had not thought of that, moving the axle to adjust the trailer balance would be a pain with the spring and fender mounts welded to the frame. It would be easier to move the boat forward on the bunks to adjust the tong weight, moving the boat forward about an inch for every foot of tong extension would be my guess to keep the balance about the same. I would verify the tong weight was correct when I was done to be sure it was within a safe range. Thanks again everyone.