• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trailer Recomendations

jonarhoads

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Heya. I have a 2022 Yamaha 212SD that came with a painted Shorelander trailer (came with the boat when I bought it while living in Indiana). It's never touched the salt water, and I am needing to finally have it touch salt water in July. I'm wanting to replace it with an aluminum trailer. I wanted to see if you guys have specific vendors you prefer, or certain brands you think are good as a replacement. I live in Venice, FL near Sarasota (moved here in June of last year). Appreciate your help!

Pic below of current boat + trailer.

Attachments

• my boat.JPEG
    my boat.JPEG
    864.2 KB · Views: 18
I'm looking at the Continental Trailers from a local vendor. For my boat it looks like it would be the A2244B, A2250B or A2260B.

1684165053837.png

Sorry, my OEM trailer works fine so I’ve never looked at others. Why do you want to change?

Sorry, my OEM trailer works fine so I’ve never looked at others. Why do you want to change?
Salt water. A painted trailer will die a slow death from the inside out as it rusts.

If it were one visit, he would be fine with a rinse. Since the OP moved to Florida, the factory galvanized is required at a bare minimum, if not an aluminum trailer.

So noone has any recommendations on aluminum trailers? ?

My buddy has a Continental for his 230. Had it for a little over a year and one season of use. No issues to report

I had a painted trailer for me SeaDoo that died a very slow death. Once it did I had ACE trailers in Gibsonton make me a custom trailer for it. They did a fantastic job, much better than any cookie cutter trailer maker will do. The price was comparable as well, but the quality far superior. IMG_1368.jpg

I had a painted trailer for me SeaDoo that died a very slow death. Once it did I had ACE trailers in Gibsonton make me a custom trailer for it. They did a fantastic job, much better than any cookie cutter trailer maker will do. The price was comparable as well, but the quality far superior. View attachment 200078

That looks like a nice one! Did they adjust the bunks for you and what not?

Yes they transferred the boat off the old trailer and set it on the new one. At that time they adjusted the bunks. Also they said if it needed to be readjusted just bring it back. It never needed it.

Yes they transferred the boat off the old trailer and set it on the new one. At that time they adjusted the bunks. Also they said if it needed to be readjusted just bring it back. It never needed it.

Ahh, very nice. Sounds like a good company. I'll check them out. Thanks for sharing!

Back