• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Tires

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello, have a question. I got a set of free radials, rims and tires from a co-worker, but they are 13s instead of 14s. The tires are the same size as my current ones just on a 13inch rim. Would these work on my single axle trailer?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
check the load capacity

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
If the bolt pattern on the wheels is the same, then yes you could use them.

But, make sure the weight rating of the tires is sufficient for the weight of the boat & trailer.

Also if the numbers on the sidewall of tires are exactly the same except for the rim size, then the new tires are actually slightly smaller.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If the bolt pattern on the wheels is the same, then yes you could use them.

But, make sure the weight rating of the tires is sufficient for the weight of the boat & trailer.

Also if the numbers on the sidewall of tires are exactly the same except for the rim size, then the new tires are actually slightly smaller.
Yes the bolt pattern is exactly the same, and they came off of a trailer with a boat at least as heavy as mine. I will check the load capacity, thank you. Wasn't sure if I could go down to a 13", due to the brakes and all that