• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer tongue jack for AR190 - Need some help and input

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Starting to clean things up and get my boat ready for the season. I've been wanting to upgrade the tongue jack on my galvanized trailer since the stock one seems very flimsy and I get nervous that its just going to collapse on me one day. I know its only an AR190 but still I want to have a little peace of mind with a more beefy jack. I've been doing some searching on the forums but can't really figure out how I can remove the stock jack. There are two bolt but they go into the rail of the trailer and I can't see any way to access the nuts behind to remove it. I'm looking into replacing it with a jack that can install in the orginal holes with this one - Tongue Jack. There's no room in front of the bow stop to install a jack so I supposed I could install one behind with its own set of brackets. Can anyone help me out here? i'd much rather use the existing holes to install a better jack.

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay, so now I see the tiny ass gap where the other side of the bolts go and I see the nuts on the stock jack. I can probably manage to take them out but how the hell do you put something new on? Have to remove the whole bow rack assembly?? If that's the case, the screw putting on a new jack in the old one's place. So now, I'm looking at the ARK XO500 (ARK XO500). Is there any danger to mounting it right behind the bow stock mast on the trailer?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nope, you are thinking correct. That is what I did. I mounted mine behind originally and as I adjusted the tongue weight and slid the boat back a few inches it is now in front (not pictured).

20200521_182906.jpg

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So when you mounted it behind the bow mast, everything was perfectly fine? I don't have the means to mess with my tongue weight (or the knowhow) so just wanted to make sure before I clicked the purchase button...

Nope, you are thinking correct. That is what I did. I mounted mine behind originally and as I adjusted the tongue weight and slid the boat back a few inches it is now in front (not pictured).

View attachment 145286

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes everything was fine. No issues. I just wanted to balance out my tongue weight for optimal and safe towing.

As far as tongue weight search it on these forums. You can measure it with a board and a house scale or with a tongue scale, which I bought a small one off amazon. You should make sure your tongue weight is within spec percentage, especially with a single axle trailer. It looks like you have an AR 2019. If the tongue weight is off a lot it can cause you issues while towing. Also where you load things in the boat while trailering can throw off your tongue weight.

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, I totally spaced! I'm in logistics and have a big scale in my yard that we use to scale out trailers. I could definitely use this to figure out my tongue weight! Would measuring the weight at the tongue jack be good enough or do I need the weight at the ball hitch?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am no expert, but I believe at the ball hitch is where you want to measure it. Furthest point of course from your axle.

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pulled the trigger on an Ark XO500! Hopefully this will be solid as opposed to the flimsy stock jack. Will be mounting this behind the bow roller rack.

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I received my ARK XO500 and like everyone has said, the bolts are too short to reach the other side. Where did you all get the longer bolts from and what size did you guys get?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yes everything was fine. No issues. I just wanted to balance out my tongue weight for optimal and safe towing.

As far as tongue weight search it on these forums. You can measure it with a board and a house scale or with a tongue scale, which I bought a small one off amazon. You should make sure your tongue weight is within spec percentage, especially with a single axle trailer. It looks like you have an AR 2019. If the tongue weight is off a lot it can cause you issues while towing. Also where you load things in the boat while trailering can throw off your tongue weight.
Before you moved your boat back on the trailer, how far were the bunks hanging out from the stern? Each time I take the boat out, I have to submerge the trailer fenders completely under water to get it off and on. I always have to winch it on. The bunks stick out around 2-3". We have the same length boats, so I'd like to know your process. Thanks.