• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Tongue Storage

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone running a storage box on the tongue of their trailer?

Something like this -->https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Tool-Box/DeeZee/DZ91717P.html

I used to keep a small toolbox in the bed of the truck with a lug wrench, bottle jack, spare bearings, tow strap, a few misc tools, flares, etc. Now I'm back into an SUV and don't have spare bed space to dedicate to a "boat box" with all those goodies. With previous SUV's I would just drop that stuff in the boat, but would forget it from time to time, or it would end up staying on the boat while on the water, or other such mess. I figured it's mostly tools and supplies to handle an issue while towing, so it should "live" with the trailer right? Well, where the heck can I put it on the trailer so that it isn't always dunked in the water, and stay mostly out of the way. We're looking to make a few long hauls this summer, and I would rather at least have some "first line of defense" before calling in the support trucks.

Anyone have any thoughts? Creative solutions? Ideas?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can't have anything forward of the black line. That's where my garage door exists when it's in storage (tongue folded).
Blue circle is the spare tires home
Thinking something in the space shaded in red would be great (although I'm deep into custom territory here).
Water usually "just touches" the jack mount at my normal ramps when launching/retreiving.

Also thinking maybe an Ammo Box on the far side of where the jack lives.

50lb Rescue Dog for scale and comedic effect :D

1617636489131.png

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not aware of any standard toolbox small enough to fit that area, so yes, that would likely be a custom build. Also, would an ammo can be big enough for the supplies you listed? Something like this, but preferably metal, would probably work, but not the prettiest of mods...

This might be too big also, but worth getting a tape measure out to find out... if it fits, you might be hard pressed to find a better option...

Edit*** Make sure when measuring what fits, that you can still open the lid of the toolbox. LOL, that would suck...

Last edited:

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length