• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer turn signal help

Steve73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know how to get this little light out? It broke and I need to change it. I tried using pliers to pull it out but there isn’t much left and the glass just crumbles more. Looking for any tips and want to know if this pulls straight out of if there is a trick to it like push in then pull it out?

Attachments

• E75657C0-0017-4F86-B8AC-479EB27D9F02.jpeg
    E75657C0-0017-4F86-B8AC-479EB27D9F02.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Yep like @diehard says you’re looking right at the “ear” on the bulb and the slot it needs to slide out of right at the front of your picture there.

Sorry, my picture wasn't clear. I already changed the break light (you are correct with the ears, push down and turn). The Issue is the small light that is broken off (turn signal or parking light, not sure). See red circle.

1657583008758.png

Needle nose pliers. Grab where the filament wire is & pull.

Sorry, my picture wasn't clear. I already changed the break light (you are correct with the ears, push down and turn). The Issue is the small light that is broken off (turn signal or parking light, not sure). See red circle.

View attachment 182480
Haha…sorry for assuming you’d never changed a light bulb.

I don’t think there’s any trick to those flat ones. Just stuck like babin farms said.

There is a chance a bad connection heated things up to where there's some melting interfering with removing the base of the bulb. Not real common, but if you don't have success with replacing the bulb, I'd definitely do as mentioned above, and replace with LED. Much brighter, and they last longer.

Just checked out that post, those are really nice. Did you have to add a new license plate light?
I will have to eventually but right now I'm running without one. I think the kit(lights, boxes and wiring pigtails) was about $45 on amazon.

Back