• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailering boat and repairs

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So need some help from those of you that trailer your boat all the time. When clean and wax your boat, how do you handle the areas under the bunks? I use liquid rollers to help prevent wear, but cannot get a chance to clean the areas.

Nick

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I for one have never been able to wax under the rollers. Never really let it concern me either.

Dave

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm a new boater so may be doing it wrong but I have not waxed where the bunkboards are.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I only trailer the boat. There is no way to get to the boat where bunks are at without some sort of lift. For what it is worth, I just simply do not clean where the bunks are.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
well, you could always put wax on the bunk boards and let them wax the boat for you! :p

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now THAT is an idea!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hmmm..that idea is worth a shot.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I spray silicone spray on the bunks about every 2 times out. Hopefully that keeps them lubed up for the boat to reduce scratches and a little transfers to the gelcoat filling any micro scratches. I've never figured out how wax it otherwise.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I spray silicone spray on the bunks about every 2 times out. Hopefully that keeps them lubed up for the boat to reduce scratches and a little transfers to the gelcoat filling any micro scratches. I've never figured out how wax it otherwise.
X2 on that process.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Next time you go out, come back to your trailer after it has had a chance to dry off in the sun. Run your fingers over the bunk carpet as if you were scratching a dog's neck. You might be surprised to see just how much sand accumulates deep down in the carpet! I know I was. On the surface the carpet appears clean, but deep down there is quite a bit of sand.

Fortunately I discovered it while on a long weekend and the boat was in a slip. So I drove the trailer over to the local do it yourself carwash and vacuumed, then pressure washed the bunks. I'm sure it loads up pretty fast when launching and retrieving at a busy ramp, what with all the sand swirling in the water from all the activity. So I keep an eye on that when I have the boat off the trailer. :cool:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also use the silicone spray on the bunks but thinking out loud I wonder if the Rainex Spray wax would do both duties, lube the bunks and wax the bottom at the same time. I may have to try this. Cam.