• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailering in the winter

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
So its looking like I'm going to have to pick up my boat at the dealer and deliver it to storage this week. I was hoping it would have been done a week ago but it was getting warrenty work. Anyways I'm hoping it will be ready after we have a bit of warm on next week with some rain to wash the salt off the hwy. The only thing I can think of doing is putting on some looong mud flaps on the jeep to stop the spray up and just try to find a place to wash it off as close to the storage place as possible. Maybe a bucket of warm water and a wash mit. Any other ideas?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
May not be available but an enclosed garage near storage to wash quick?
I wouldn't worry too much as the salt won't kill gelcoat but u will certainly want it waxed in spring!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know it sounds stupid but I wonder if Saran wrap and some painters tape would work on the hull to temporarily keep it clean until you get to storage?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just towed in the boat yesterday. Roads were previous salt brine covered, and it was misting rain on the way home. Black bottom was almost gray when I got home. It washed quickly and easily with the garden hose. I don't think I did any permanent damage to the gelcoat or trailer during the 50ish mile trip. Was more concerned with the cover being overly tight in the cool/cold weather.

If you have time before your trip, maybe one of these would work for you. Can wash down right outside the storage area with a few gallons of water you pickup at the store. I don't have one myself, but watched the infomercial at 4am the other night when I couldn't sleep, and I kinda want one now.

https://www.worx.com/hydroshot-portable-power-cleaner-wg629.html

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I just towed in the boat yesterday. Roads were previous salt brine covered, and it was misting rain on the way home. Black bottom was almost gray when I got home. It washed quickly and easily with the garden hose. I don't think I did any permanent damage to the gelcoat or trailer during the 50ish mile trip. Was more concerned with the cover being overly tight in the cool/cold weather.

If you have time before your trip, maybe one of these would work for you. Can wash down right outside the storage area with a few gallons of water you pickup at the store. I don't have one myself, but watched the infomercial at 4am the other night when I couldn't sleep, and I kinda want one now.

https://www.worx.com/hydroshot-portable-power-cleaner-wg629.html

I saw an ad for thatg my waters 200ft on the other side of the house so a bucket and that electric washer would be perfect. I'm not sure what the storage place will have but I'll bring a few jugs of water. I am worried about the jelcoat but I guess the cars can handle the sand and salt let's hope it holds up.

Side note talked to the dealer today. Only thing left to do is fix the tower. I can't screw it down with out forcing it down and forcing it in. Dealers been great trying to fix with talking back ans forth with Yamaha apparently they have a few more things to try if it doesn't work might be getting a new tower. They did one on a 24 two weeks ago similar issue. Hoping it will be figured out before the Holiday's.