• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transducer install

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed a Garmin Chirp transducer on my ar210. I used a block that sticks to the hull vs drilling so many holes. This transducer is massive and so much larger than my last lowrance one but I think that is because of the sideView and overall capabilities/clarity.

I still have to seal up the cable hole and there is a cable grommet that goes there.

0ECFF7D6-677E-40B5-9AD5-46DFDEBE6D78.jpegC446518E-C02F-40F2-B694-58481C8A78F8.jpeg30ED2209-1304-4D5A-9FE3-A10608A8B9DF.jpeg

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking good! I think I remember the transducers like that working best when just skimming the wake (almost in line with the bottom of the hull vs submarine effect). I like the block you have because you have the option to raise it easily it if it doesn’t perform at certain speeds.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking good! I think I remember the transducers like that working best when just skimming the wake (almost in line with the bottom of the hull vs submarine effect). I like the block you have because you have the option to raise it easily it if it doesn’t perform at certain speeds.
Thanks Seadeals. I definitely will move it up a bit and then tighten it all down. I might get to lake test this Saturday. I still need some more caulk but it will need some dry weather to cure.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing! So that block just adheres to the hull? Looking forward to seeing how it works out for you. Do you have any pics of the console with the display installed?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing! So that block just adheres to the hull? Looking forward to seeing how it works out for you. Do you have any pics of the console with the display installed?
This is the pad - Amazon.com: Stern Pad - Standard Size - Black - Screwless Transducer/Acc. Mounting Kit (not for Large 3D Scan Transducers): Car Electronics

I will get a pic of the display which is on a ram mount. This was already installed when I bought the boat used but it was only used for GPS and the transducer for the fish finder was not installed.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I lost the transducer out on the lake today since the stick on pad didnt stay stuck on... fortunately it just ripped off along with the cable and somehow the cable that runs thru the hull didn’t create a leak. Now when I look at the description of the link I posted for the item above, I see it says it is not intended for large 3D transducers..... the one I had was 3D and massive so my fault.