• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transducer replacement for 2018 sx195

SeanT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I hit a stump and tore out my transducer and I'm trying to get a new one back ordered until? Is there another brand I can use instead of the yamaha part f2k-u8k1w-00-00? Airmar?

Lajilaj57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you come up with a solution for the transducer? I have a 14 ar210 same issue no parts

g2griz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2020 SX190 and I believe the 2018 model year is essentially identical. The transducer is an Airmar DST810 with the NMEA2000 connector replaced by a 4 pin Deutsch connector (and the price doubled no doubt). The transducer seems to be available from several sources. For instance here: https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Airmar-DST810-Smart Transducer.

The deutsch connector is located the front of the engine compartment. I don’t recall which connector gender goes to the transducer but in the attached photo it’s the one with the black cable attached on the right. The other half of the connector goes to the display.

Amazon has the mating Deutsch connector (both sides) with pigtails attached. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K727BF5

Put a NMEA2000 on the correct connector pigtail to mate with the corresponding NMEA connector on the transducer cable. i don’t recall which gender is needed. I like the Regatta connectors. Amazon.com or Amazon.com depending on which gender is correct. The attached photo shows an example of the Deutsch connector & NMEA2000 combination.

Please note that I haven’t replaced my transducer. My goal was to connect my existing transducer to a NMEA2000 plotter. However the steps outlined here should work as well for changing out the transducer as you require.

Attachments

g2griz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here’s a picture of my transducer. Same as yours I believe.

Attachments

hallbox

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Do not order the DST800 if you need the paddlewheel speedometer! The stock images on most sites show the paddlewheel but it is NOT there. Check to make sure it's DST810 and says "speed" in the title or description.

Airmar Dst810 Plastic Smart Sensor 235khz - Nmea 2000 - Bluetooth

Airmar Dst810 Plastic Smart Sensor 235khz - Nmea 2000 - Bluetooth
DST810 Plastic Smart Sensor 235kHz - NMEA 2000 - Bluetooth

Depth, Speed-Through-Water, Water Temperature, Boat Attitude

For a product to be considered a “breakthrough,” it has to vastly change conventional behavior and enhance abilities. The DST810 Smart Multisensor, featuring the new Gen2 paddlewheel together with Airmar's CAST™ App, is the convergence of advanced hull data, matched with a simple and reliable way to calibrate accurate speed via a wireless device. This changes how boaters receive and deliver information to get greater performance from their hull. It is a simple, consistent way to calibrate speed-through-water regardless of what display system is on board. The DST810 and Airmar CAST App deliver capabilities that until now, were only available through expensive PC-based software.

Besides water temperature, depth, and upgraded 5 Hz (5X per second) speed-through-water output, the DST810 features an integrated attitude sensor for heel and trim data. This information, combined with Airmar’s powerful and simple CAST App, makes heel-compensated speed calibration across multiple heel angles and speed ranges both fast and intuitive and is independent of the onboard instruments.

All speed calibrations and NMEA configurations are stored in the DST810 sensor—not in the displays.