• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transducer replacement

sstango

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ordered from Boats.net at the end of July, won't be in stock until 9/7. Price was $506

sstango

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now they are saying it won't be in stock till 9/17. Has anyone come up with a way to bypass this so the alarm isn't going off every 10 min?

sstango

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Quick update, part is unavailable, I had Yamaha check all the warehouses, nothing, I spoke with the AIRMAR distributor, says 6 - 12 months until available. Aren't these used in the new boats? Does that mean that there will possible be no boats delivered until late 2022, after the season is over? Hard to believe Yamaha, (and their customers) would stand for that, hope they have a solution in the works

salyer381

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
how does the airmar connect to the instrument cluster

Jbone007

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How many pins are in the stock DST 800V transducer that came with the boat?

Elmo Cure

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I also found success replacing with an Airmar DT800 (AIRDT820PV-235-N2) purchased from Hodges Marine for $290 in my 2017 212X with Connext. I did not remove the exhaust and it was tough to work around. I’ll research that if there’s a next time. This Airmar has a 5-pin connector that I cut off and spliced it into the old Airmar wire inside the engine compartment. The wires are the same color making it “stupid proof”. There is a ground wire that Yamaha did not use in the original installation.

I added the wiring below since someone asked about 5-Pin Connector.

I need to go back and clean up the wiring. My engine compartment stays very dry but I need to waterproof the connections and not depend on a lot of electrical tape. I zip tied it up high for now.

211E1E95-D20F-4867-BB16-B73D2AAE2237.jpeg2B756EED-2EFB-4632-9E08-52A8FE43E019.jpeg

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The OEM version is an Airmar transducer. I had the same issue and replacing it fixed mine. I did not have to splice anything, just plug in the connector properly. I too had to remove the platform over the clean out plugs to get at the transducer. That was not fun...but not super hard.
Hey Bkmaster, I sure could use your advice. My Airmar just arrived today and hoping to install it this weekend. I have an SX240. How did you remove the swim platform? Does that really have to come off? I have a hatch in the wet storage area that appears to be easy to remove but it looks like more stuff has to be removed. Electrical hook up/splicing and install appears easy, but getting to it is the difficulty. Any additional information/pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks. Jimmers

Walker767

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I’m also having transducer error on my 2020 212S. I just ordered a replacement transducer from Partzilla. In the meantime, does anyone know how to disconnect the alarm until the new part comes in? I don’t want to park the boat over the holiday week but I can’t stand the alarm going off every couple of minutes and would like to disable it.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe the wire is screwed on to the buzzer, you could disconnect it or cut it and put a toggle switch on it at some point.