• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transom Plate Alignment Question - Yamaha AR192

Tim N

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello, I have a 2013 Yamaha AR192. I somewhat new to boating and jetboats. I was reading about cavitation and realized that I might have cavitation as the engine rpms got way up, but the boat really doesn't pick up speed so well. So I watched some videos and read some and pulled the jet pump and am in the process of replacing the impeller (cavitation burn) and the housing (found pitting). When looking at the Transom plate (I think thats what its called, I noticed that it exactly lines up on the right and left side (are flush), but at the top, it is about 4mm below the water intake port (I think thats what its called) and at the bottom it is about 4 mm below as well. It seems like it should line up perfectly all the way around the circle. I dont see any way to adjust it as it is just held in by 4 bolts into the bolt. I will post a picture. Does anyone have an opinion if this is OK? I have read all this information about putting sealant (3m 4200) to seal everything up and make it nice and smooth so the water flows very nicely and doesn't cause cavitation. So just wondering if the 4mm mis-alignment at the top and bottom is a problem or is that alright? If it is a problem, is there anything that can be done?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Attachments