• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transport covers

Hockeyguy1960

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have a 2015 Yamaha AR192 and was able to secure a transport cover when I bought the boat 2 years ago…since then it’s gotten torn around the tower connections and was wondering where I could get another one? I was told by a Yamaha dealer here in Ga that Yamaha told them to discard all their transport covers because boat owners were using them instead of buying the actual $1000 covers Yamaha is charging for their covers… idk

I called my dealer last fall to see if he had any shipping covers that people didn’t want. He replied that Yamaha is now voiding warranties if they have evidence that you were using the shipping covers on boats that were sold after August of 2021, so I guess the 22 model boats. Yamaha has advised dealers to destroy them and not give them out.

He told me that he would snag me one if I wasn’t afraid of voiding the warranty. So this may give people like us a great channel for shipping covers “destroyed” by the dealers.

Our dealer stated we could request to keep our cover upon new purchase, however we got bumped to 2023 so I cant say if they would have actually done it. I still have my one from the 2018 that I use to this day but I only use it for travel not for storage

Dealer gave me the shipping cover on my 2022 when I picked it up last week. I got the mooring cover from him also but figured I'd take the shipping cover as a "just in case" type of thing. I never once used the shipping cover on my 08 after I got the mooring cover in though so I doubt I'll ever use this one either.

Never once heard of this warranty void nonsense with using the shipping cover. IMO it’s better than the “premium” cover. Sounds like they just want more of your money.

I don’t think there is any doubt they want more money and I agree it’s stupid if a fact. I’m only working off of what I was told by a single dealer…. Who has a free cover for me whenever I want to pick it up. Go figure.

Good luck. I haven't been able to find one, which I want to use over the top of my premium cover just to protect it from the brutal desert sun. I got 1.5 seasons out of a $30 Amazon cover over the good cover, and just bought another one. Doesn't fit very well with the tower tho.

Yeah I’ll just keep asking my dealer but they want me to buy a new boat haha…I asked the guys in the back they said they would look for one!

Yamaha playing games with the shipping cover is just so petty and dumb. The other side of the issue is that half the time you can't even find a mooring cover. My dealer hasn't had any stock for over 2 years. I have both but the shipping cover is getting pretty worn at this point and I would love to be able to get another.

Yamaha playing games with the shipping cover is just so petty and dumb. The other side of the issue is that half the time you can't even find a mooring cover. My dealer hasn't had any stock for over 2 years. I have both but the shipping cover is getting pretty worn at this point and I would love to be able to get another.

Bought a mooring cover for my 2019 AR 240 and had it in 5 days. This was a month ago. Bought from Partzilla and they got it from yamaha. Don't think a lot of dealers stock them.

Back