• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tried Redondo Beach/King Harbor Marina today

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So, itching to put the boat into the water and didn't have the time to go out to Lake Mead, I tried out Redondo Beach Marina/king Harbor, as its the last remaining Public Hoist in SoCal (That I know of since they closed Dana Point's hoist in 2019). [My new galvanized trailer hasn't come in yet and I'm keeping the painted trailer pristine as I do want to put it for sale later this month]
It was 'ok' - in that the Marina and parking is very congested, but the Hoist operator couldn't have been more professional and easy going getting the boat in the water. Got in the water and we took it a few miles north towards Marina del Ray - near LAX. I thought the swell count was pretty fast and bigger than when I boat out in Dana/Newport - so it was a bit unsettling (but nothing like water over the bow). Probably more so because there were so few boats out there. There's not a whole lot to see out there or visit, and the marinas themselves have no public or courtesy docks for visiting the restaurants - a bit of a WFT moment. It was still nice to get out, but unless you are going for a specific reason or live nearby - if you want ocean - do Long Beach-Newport Beach-Dana Point - or my favorite still - Coronado Bay because its all smooth with restaurants, hotels and plenty of slips.
Here's a nice pic of the boat on the hoist - always looks cool seeing it being lifted.
98E34277-5F2B-4974-A66A-DC89BBC8334E.jpeg