• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trim tabs for 212X

Haycor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hi. I have a 2015 212X. I have always had inboard/outboard boats in the past and really liked the ability to trim the motor to get the bow up on top of the water and pickup a few MPH. Having the jet doesn’t allow for that as you know. I see some people have out trim tabs on their boats to do the same thing. Can anyone recommend a good set of trim tabs with suggestions with some feedback?
Thank you

Putting tabs on a jet boat will only help put the bow down. You wont be able to adjust to optimize the angle to get more mph. You would need adjustable trim nozzles for that.
Tabs will help to plant the bow in bad chop or waves

Putting tabs on a jet boat will only help put the bow down. You wont be able to adjust to optimize the angle to get more mph. You would need adjustable trim nozzles for that.
Tabs will help to plant the bow in bad chop or waves
Thank you. I don't have any issues in bad chop really, the boat rides fine through it. I am looking for the opposite as you mentioned. Any suggestions on adjustable trim nozzles?

Jason

@SamCF made his own on his last boat, he could chime in and give some insight. It does take quite a bit of work and fabrication. From what i read his boat was modded quite well and fast

Back