• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trolling motor for 195 FSH sport

Trav4t4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pretty sure this question has been asked 1,000 times and I have scrolled thru the forum with no real answers. Since I just received my FSH and transferring from the “Glitter Rocket” bass boat world I need help with shaft length. While most on here say 60” I see some are running 54”. Most my fishing will be fresh water lakes here in South Carolina with occasional trips to the inter coastal with no plans of going out to sea. I’m an avid bass fisherman so trolling motor height kinda plays factor from bow. With trolling motors hard to get right now I can get my hands on 54” shaft length but would hate to get it and be too short. Can someone please point me in the right direction before I make a $1,876 mistake.

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
60 will keep it deep enough so that it won't surface when the conditions are rough. 54 will make whirlpool and suction too often. I have 60 inch on my FSH210 now..... someone gifted me their 54 and it wasn't long enough.

Dcauthen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
60 will keep it deep enough so that it won't surface when the conditions are rough. 54 will make whirlpool and suction too often. I have 60 inch on my FSH210 now..... someone gifted me their 54 and it wasn't long enough.
This is good to know.
When using your trolling motor on your 21fsh is it hard to keep course if the wind is blowing or if you are in anchor mode.

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We Live on the Potomac. When I am in the bays and smaller channels it does well and manages the boat. When the wind kicks up the boat can get a little wonky. Anchor mode is awesome and it keeps the boat in one place. Only thing since then was to install a RAM mount to secure motor when underway and it is stowed. 242799835_4379282862150298_8798299840399678087_n.jpg

Dcauthen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We Live on the Potomac. When I am in the bays and smaller channels it does well and manages the boat. When the wind kicks up the boat can get a little wonky. Anchor mode is awesome and it keeps the boat in one place. Only thing since then was to install a RAM mount to secure motor when underway and it is stowed. View attachment 174568
I am getting it installed on the 8th April. So if you had to do it over would you do anything differently or not even get a trolling motor.

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
trolling motor was a great addition as it allows us to get into places we wouldn't normally go (ie milfoil everywhere etc) + makes fishing along a bank line or even anchor locking in a spot so much easier. My wife takes wildlife photos when we go out and this allows me to fish and her to take pictures. Was a worthwhile addition to something we use all the time. The weeds get bad around our dock in the summer and last year with the trolling motor... I didn't have to clean out the plugs once after I installed it using the trolling motor to get us past the weed line lol.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
60" minimum. I have the motor guide xi5. In addition, when running coastal waters with huge tide swings. While finding fishing spots, or sand bars to land on, i often roll into areas that get shallow fast, some of these areas are sandy or muddy bottoms. We all know that with jet boats the last thing we want to do it disable our cooling system by sucking some shit up. With the trolling motor i can cut the engines and ease myself out of the situation without running that risk of powering out of the hazard.

Btw, Madtom. Im stealing your ram mount idea, i like!🤘

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
60" minimum. I have the motor guide xi5. In addition, when running coastal waters with huge tide swings. While finding fishing spots, or sand bars to land on, i often roll into areas that get shallow fast, some of these areas are sandy or muddy bottoms. We all know that with jet boats the last thing we want to do it disable our cooling system by sucking some shit up. With the trolling motor i can cut the engines and ease myself out of the situation without running that risk of powering out of the hazard.

I mounted it right below where the motor shaft and head sit on the side. had a rough day before I installed it and the control head was almost smacking the gunwale. was worried about all of that stress transferring to the mount and bracket. Since mounting it, Once we stow the motor it doesn't move.

got mine from hodges marine Ram Mount Trolling Motor Stabilizer W/Tough-Claw

ram mount.png

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im guessing the medium arm configuration is what i need? I dint even know they sold one specifically for trolling motors, thats awesome. Definitely ordering one.

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im guessing the medium arm configuration is what i need? I dint even know they sold one specifically for trolling motors, thats awesome. Definitely ordering one.
I got the medium mount one(model RAP-400-202U ). It was perfect for attaching the motor and keeping everything solidly mounted

Dcauthen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Not installed yet but I got the ghost 57”. I’ll be inland 99% of the time. 21fsh 2022

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The 3" difference between the 57 and 60 shafts are a big deal if your trying to hold in any chop, at least where im boating. Good luck and please report back on how everythings working out.