• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trolling motor install on a 2021 Yamaha 195 fsh deluxe

Dreid2015

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hello everyone,
Just got my 2021 fsh 195 in a few weeks ago and was lucky enough to take it out a few times. Any recommendations on how to go about installing the trolling motor on the boat? I purchased a minn Kota Ipilot ulterra 60 inch shaft 80 pound thrust, and bought a removable sliding bracket so it can be removed. After looking at it some more it seems like the whole trolling motor unit will have to sit pretty far forward to give enough clearance to be able to deploy without hitting the boat. I guess I’m just a little worried about stabilization and how well it’ll sit on the brackets. Do I use the Yamaha provided bracket plus the removable one I bought?

So, I used the yamaha provided trolling motor mount for the same size trolling motor. Worked great for a year and a half, but this past weekend, the welding on the side support failed and the thrust of the trolling motor caused the whole mount to bend. It looks to be made of aluminum and the welding was pretty shoddy (just two small beads holding it all together), surprised it lasted this long! I'm looking to have it replaced with something else.

Attachments

• 20201016_200826.jpg
    20201016_200826.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
FWIW, I have the 24V 80 lbs. thrust Terrova with th 60 inch shaft mounted on a removable mount on top of the Yamaha mounting plate, and it works great. I am three plus years in salt water with this set up. We use it nearly every time we go out (unless we are anchoring off a beach) for a couple of hours each time. We have 8+ foot tides, so it is working to hold us against the current and wind.

FWIW, I have the 24V 80 lbs. thrust Terrova with th 60 inch shaft mounted on a removable mount on top of the Yamaha mounting plate, and it works great. I am three plus years in salt water with this set up. We use it nearly every time we go out (unless we are anchoring off a beach) for a couple of hours each time. We have 8+ foot tides, so it is working to hold us against the current and wind.
Can you attach a picture of how it is mounted

Back