• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trolling Motor Install on AR195

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We troll quite a bit on a local lake as well as using the boat for swimming and surfing. I would love to get a trolling motor installed, but lack the skills to DIY. I brought my boat to a local shop in Portland, OR for a potential install but they refused to take on the project saying it would be too much work. I would love to get some input on making this install clear to an installer or potentially how to work on a DIY myself to get this done.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

H20 skier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I work for a company with a machine shop ...press break, shear and welders. I broke formed a mount and put it in between the ladder and the trailer cleat. I ran the wiring up under the rear cushion on the rear deck. I bought the smallest thrust motor they had and wired it into my battery with a removable plug. I can rotate the motor and put it up out of the water when i am going to the next fishing hole and and i can rotate the motor to thrust forward or backwards. These boats are so light that i only need to use the number 2 or 3 setting and i am moving plenty fast to troll or set it to 1 and run along a bank and stand and cast or just sit on the rear deck and stay in one place. If i want to sell the boat ( which will never happen because these are the best boats i have ever been in for the size) and fill the mounting holes with the fiberglass repair kit and you will never know it was there. It cost me about 20 dollars for the part and a little bit of laber. Just my 2 cents to your post! the guys who told you it was to much work have no imagination. I was on the water trolling the same day.

Attachments

H20 skier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
i can have it on and off the boat in 5 minutes if i want to do water sports. The only thing that stays on the boat is that mounting plate with the two bolts and it never gets in the way of people using the ladder.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I work for a company with a machine shop ...press break, shear and welders. I broke formed a mount and put it in between the ladder and the trailer cleat. I ran the wiring up under the rear cushion on the rear deck. I bought the smallest thrust motor they had and wired it into my battery with a removable plug. I can rotate the motor and put it up out of the water when i am going to the next fishing hole and and i can rotate the motor to thrust forward or backwards. These boats are so light that i only need to use the number 2 or 3 setting and i am moving plenty fast to troll or set it to 1 and run along a bank and stand and cast or just sit on the rear deck and stay in one place. If i want to sell the boat ( which will never happen because these are the best boats i have ever been in for the size) and fill the mounting holes with the fiberglass repair kit and you will never know it was there. It cost me about 20 dollars for the part and a little bit of laber. Just my 2 cents to your post! the guys who told you it was to much work have no imagination. I was on the water trolling the same day.
That is a good looking mod if you want the trolling motor in the back. Excellent work!