• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trolling Motor to Pass Weed? reas

Serieswon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I was considering adding a front end electric trolling motor to my 243 VRX. I have a house/slip on a lagoon that gets weedy I cant get out to clear water or back to my slip/lift.
I ordered an Aqua Sweeper to blow an open lane in the weeds. But if it doesn't work I'm screwed. So trolling motor makes sense.

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I wish you luck as that's a bummer you have to deal with that..I'd be curious to see how your mount will be work off the bow or transom running to the batteries.

Serieswon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I wish you luck as that's a bummer you have to deal with that..I'd be curious to see how your mount will be work off the bow or transom running to the batteries.
My plan is to mount it to the bow. And keep the battery in the cooler. At the moment, I'd rather not connect it into the boat's batteries.

Serieswon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Taking the Vortex 243x in for the trolling motor. So much for the simple idea. Love that Motorguide X-5 with wireless controls and a feature called anchor stick (I think). Hope they can mount it somewhere on the bow.
Think of the possiblities!

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Taking the Vortex 243x in for the trolling motor. So much for the simple idea. Love that Motorguide X-5 with wireless controls and a feature called anchor stick (I think). Hope they can mount it somewhere on the bow.
Think of the possiblities!
Post pics of the outcome!

Seabee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I cruised through lots of floating weeds/seagrass last week in Tampa Bay. They were in large swaths on the surface, hard to avoid in some areas, no problems at all. Ninja'd right through.

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was considering adding a front end electric trolling motor to my 243 VRX. I have a house/slip on a lagoon that gets weedy I cant get out to clear water or back to my slip/lift.
I ordered an Aqua Sweeper to blow an open lane in the weeds. But if it doesn't work I'm screwed. So trolling motor makes sense.
That is a great idea!