• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

trouble loading boat onto trailer

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
this is my first boat. Whenever I try and load my boat on the teailer the bow is lower than the roller. I am not sure how to correct this. I am currently using my wife as ballast and putting her on the swim platform, she obviously does not like that I use her in such a manner. there has to be a better way to do this. What am I missing? It is a Yamaha trailer.

thanks

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I am going to the bottom of my explorer tires touch the water. It was a fairly shallow ramp angle.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is more about how far you've got the trailer in the water and the relative angles of things. A photo of the situation would help us give targeted suggestions.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a local ramp where I experience this loading a pwc. As mentioned it’s because of the grade of the ramp (fairly steep in my case). Do not pull up to or under the roller. I’m probably 4 to 6 inches from the roller when I hook everything up. I then have my wife pull the truck a foot or 2 up the ramp and stop as the nose of the ski rises above the roller. From there I just finish cranking while some of the ski is still in the water and then have her pull out.

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I am going to the bottom of my explorer tires touch the water. It was a fairly shallow ramp angle.
You may need to go in a bit deeper. When the top of my trailer fenders meet the water, is when I'm good to launch/retrieve.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no way to know how far to put the trailer in the water as it is dependent on the angle of the ramp. When the bow comes in under the roller the trailer is too deep and the bunks aren't engaging the hull to put it in the proper position to both self straighten and come in over the roller. We have 3 different angle ramps where I put in and each have significantly different depths required.

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
If your bow is lower than the roller, your trailer is in too deep. You want to have some of the front of the bunks of the trailer just out of the water. Splash a bit of water of the bunks prior to winching up.