• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Troubles again!

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
After speanding half its life at marinemax and they finally got the boat running correctly and 15 flawless hours of fun now at 65 hours. I got the boat prepared for a fun day at a sand bar, as soon as I starting it, I noticed it felt a little weird but figured it was just me worrying. Finally got out of the no wake zone at port Everglades and as I go to put it in full throttle, the boat goes into limp mode and has zero power. Code p1516 popped up, can't find out what it stands for, anyone know? Turned the boat off and let it sit for a Few minutes, repeated the process and then the check engine light came on. I did this a few more time and the boat finally had power again and ran hard the rest of the day but, the check engine light is still on. Any help will greatly be appreciated. I really don't want to bring it back to sit at the dealer for 6 months. I did order my computer to troubleshoot but unfortunately I have to work tomorrow and the boat went back to storage, associations suck ass!

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Thank you. I'll check it out during the week and see if there's any moisture. I do have a habit of rinsing the engine down every few weeks with fresh water.

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
After speanding half its life at marinemax and they finally got the boat running correctly and 15 flawless hours of fun now at 65 hours. I got the boat prepared for a fun day at a sand bar, as soon as I starting it, I noticed it felt a little weird but figured it was just me worrying. Finally got out of the no wake zone at port Everglades and as I go to put it in full throttle, the boat goes into limp mode and has zero power. Code p1516 popped up, can't find out what it stands for, anyone know? Turned the boat off and let it sit for a Few minutes, repeated the process and then the check engine light came on. I did this a few more time and the boat finally had power again and ran hard the rest of the day but, the check engine light is still on. Any help will greatly be appreciated. I really don't want to bring it back to sit at the dealer for 6 months. I did order my computer to troubleshoot but unfortunately I have to work tomorrow and the boat went back to storage, associations suck ass!
go look at the candoo thread