• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Truck rental options

r1pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello,
Looking for any recommendations on truck rentals. Planning a trip and need to rent a truck to pull our 212 LTD S. Anyone have thoughts or experience renting a truck for towing? Called Enterprise and they want $1000 for the rental (9 days). Car rental co's have Suburban's just not sure if they have trailer packages on them.

Thank you in advance.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Uhaul but I don't know if it would be the best option for a vacation since they charge by mile.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check local Toyota dealers, they often rent out trucks for a very reasonable rate. I rented a Tundra for two days with unlimited miles for something like $75.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Toyota will rent you a Tundra.

Rent a Toyota Tundra | Rent a Full-Size Truck

Not sure on rates, but worth checking out. They have a locator on the website, and it appears there are a few dealerships near 48080 that will do both "try before you buy" and "Business/Leisure" rentals.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check local Toyota dealers, they often rent out trucks for a very reasonable rate. I rented a Tundra for two days with unlimited miles for something like $75.
Beat me to it :D

r1pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you all for the quick responses. Checking a couple of them now.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
wow. didnt know about the toyota thing. nice!

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Turo ... think AirBnb for cars. Was a good option for me during a ski trip this winter. All the conventional rental companies had jacked up their big SUV rates for the Xmas holiday.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Turo ... think AirBnb for cars. Was a good option for me during a ski trip this winter. All the conventional rental companies had jacked up their big SUV rates for the Xmas holiday.
I forgot about Turo.

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just researched this myself in my area and Enterprise was low bid at $90/day unlimited mileage (don't recall weekly rate). They gave me a brand new 3/4 ton diesel RAM crewcab pickup with a class 5 hitch - total overkill but it pulled my 242 like it wasn't there and 14 mpg to boot!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When you are renting truck please make sure that they explicitly say they allow towing. Just because it is a truck and it a towing package on it, it does not mean that the rental agency is okay to be used a tow vehicle.

r1pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Toyota dealer quoted $636 out the door unlimited miles for 9 days....done! Thank you all for the suggestions, looked at them all. Turo was an interesting one however you are at the mercy of the vehicle owner. Should they change their mind and cancel the reservation, I would have been hosed with a pi$$ed off family waiting to go on a vacation. I can definitely see how this could work in many other scenarios however. For those interested, Enterprise wanted $930 for a 3/4 ton truck for 10 days. Thanks again.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sweet deal! I may do the same for our Cumberland trip and save the wear and tear on my vehicle. Obviously it has tow package for you, but is it 4x4? Should I even be concerned with my simple, lightweight SX195?

r1pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They didn’t have the Tundra but had a 2019 4Runner w tow package and I believe 4x4. I will pull the boat with their vehicle and let the family drive my Wrangler behind me. Don’t want to overload the 4Runner.