• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

truck shopping

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
These car salesmen are relentless. Past couple of weeks I've gotten serious about a new truck. I have a very specific want list and won't settle for too many variations. I asked for a few quotes from different dealers knowing what that was gonna start but damn, my email is going nuts with these guys trying to sell me every thing on the lot. Gonna be an interesting process:arghh:

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm doing the same thing. Been researching for months now and I've decided on a new Tundra, now its who can give be the best deal. Even looked at leasing as my wife will drive it as I have a company car and she only drives about 8K a year.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just went through this the last few weeks. I registered with Truecar.com and got many dealers calling me. While sitting at a salemans desk I was getting called by another dealer an hour away. We ended up using him to bargain further on the deal. It worked out well and brought home a 2015 SRX Luxury.

Are you looking new or used? What's your top choice make/model?

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
I just went through this the last few weeks. I registered with Truecar.com and got many dealers calling me. While sitting at a salemans desk I was getting called by another dealer an hour away. We ended up using him to bargain further on the deal. It worked out well and brought home a 2015 SRX Luxury.

Are you looking new or used? What's your top choice make/model?
New Silverado extended cab, always been a GM guy. Want most all the bells and whistles, like all the trouble causing tech gadgets:D Boy has the price gone up since my 06, gonna cost me about 10 grand more then that one but I guess I can't take it with me. Your right, put your contact info out and they pounce instantly but I guess it leads to more choices in less time than cruising the lots

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I just replaced my 2011 Silverado ext cab with 205k on it with a 2015 Silverado ext cab. Had 60 miles on it when I got it two weeks ago, 2500 on it now.... it's a great truck, so much nicer than the '11.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
I just replaced my 2011 Silverado ext cab with 205k on it with a 2015 Silverado ext cab. Had 60 miles on it when I got it two weeks ago, 2500 on it now.... it's a great truck, so much nicer than the '11.
Dang, you do some serious traveling, my 06 has 145k and that includes about 15 runs to Az and beyond once to Key West and just about everywhere else except the northeast