• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trying to find new carpets for 2011 SX210

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Apparently Yamaha has stopped making the carpet sets that fit the 2006 - 2011 210 series boats. I'd really like to replace mine but am having no luck finding them at any of the usual places (yamahasportplaza, amazon, the first two pages of Google results, etc.) Anybody know of a source? Anybody have some that they haven't used and want to sell?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't think you would want the ones I used before going with Seadek. I know there are a lot of reasons to desire carpet; but since gambling on the switch myself, we have absolutely loved the decision. It has held up very well for us and so much easier when my pita father in law thinks he's funny and smears his Georgia red clay clad water shoes all over it because he knows I freak about anyone messing up my boat. A few quick scrubs with lake water and the joke is on him. I could never say that about our stanky carpet. Good luck with your search. I was wondering myself if it might be time to grab up another mooring cover for the same reason.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How long have you had your Seadek? I like the look but I'm nervous about having to glue it down and then having to pull it back out again in 3 or 4 years. The hydroturf on my swim deck is pretty much at the end of its life after 3 summers and I am not looking forward to having to replace it. Having to do that in the larger area of the interior doesn't sound like fun.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The hydroturf on the swim platform isnt as good as the seadek. Mine was the same on the swim platform, but the seadek is closed cell and doesnt absorb water/stains and seems to hold up better. My carpet is still in perfect condition, but when it is needing replacement i will do the interior as well with Seadek.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good to know. I need to find a way to see and feel this stuff in person. I was assuming that it was of a nature similar to the hydroturf.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I installed it in October of 2014. It was a simple peel and stick process. Nothing lasts forever and this is no different; but considering my family likes it 3x more than the carpet when using the boat, I will not mind the extra work in several years if it needs to be replaced. Likes: the feel, the look, the durability, the ease of cleaning, no smell. There are lots of threads on the pros and cons of carpet, Seadek, Hydroturf and even other solutions like DECKadence. You can decide what seems best for you. You could also have new carpets custom made from your old pieces if you don't find a new set out there.

btbowden

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Where are you guys buying your sea dek from? Is it already prefabricated for your boat?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length