• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trying to plan ahead...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looking at photos of the 212X (all of the new 210 series) on the pass side seating, Yamaha molded a base for the chair that the bench sits on. Is there access to that space from the rear cusion? Im looking at that area to mount a sub enclosure when I get mine.

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On the 2014 212x you can definitely access that area from under the cushion to the rear if you remove the battery.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Im hoping to use the area for a sub enclosure, if the battery is placed n front of the opening that will work fine. Does the cooler have a cradle or does it just sit in there? Do the twin engine boats have 1 or 2 batteries?

Last edited:

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The cooler just sits in there, and probably could go on the other side as well (though I haven't tried it). The 212X has only one battery that comes standard.

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I forgot to mention that the ballast bags are also in the rear compartments. On the port side, the bag is under the cooler (which needs to be removed to fill the bag) and behind the battery.

Xjpeex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have 212x (2013) and I have a 10" sub in that location where the seat would mount. It's in a custom made box I have two batteries and a on board charger under there also if I have the bags full there is no room what so ever ! If the bags are empty there is some room

Hope that helps :)

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looking at photos it looks like out of the ballast pump the line tees to both bags. What I am thinking, is if the factory bags can be vented, I can add a 12v 3 way ball valve in place of the tee so I can select to fill surfside and let the pump run on its timer and with the bag vented it will just spill any excess over the side. I would only need a surf or wake mode since I am only setting the boat up for standard surfing. Does anyone know if the factory bags have a spot for a vent line? Wakemakers said the timer is a smart device in the fact that it monitors the voltage and looks for a drop when you are in drain mode so when the ballast is empty, it senses the voltage drop from loss of load and it will auto shut off to avoid burning out the impeller. I am thinking this may work for me and my setup...