• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tube recommendation

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So i have the following. Wakeboard, Frenzy 2 person laying tube, ZUP board, Super Big Ass No Where to store Super Mable HD 3 person, water ski's. The problem is that everyone enjoys just sitting in the Big Mable and getting pulled around the lake. It is just to big.

I was thinking about getting a smaller 2 person tube that people can sit on comfortably that isnt so big. Something i could set up a lot easier.

Anyhow i have looked on line, at walmart, dunhams, west marine, etcetera, and i see tubes cheap to expensive. Looking for a recommendation on something to add to my collection that would work. Any suggetions would be appreciated.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

dyfanf

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've been looking at sit-up tubes too. Lots of options. The reviews on the "cheaper" ones seem to be mostly complaints of water getting trapped between the cover and tube making them too heavy to remove from the water, or causing the tow-points to tear off. Surely there's a happy medium. I'm replying so I can follow! :)

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The thing that most don't think about is slack in the rope while towing will tear the tow point off of any tube eventually. Either taking off too fast or swinging the tube around and getting the tube either too close to boat or different speeds of boat/tube and then jerking on the tube tow point puts a TON of stress on that area. The XPS that we have has drains in the outer shell to let water out. I believe all tubes will get water in between the bladder & outer shell but it's the point of if you can get the water out easily.

hapyfishrmn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOW has some nice tubes as well. They are able to unzip in the back to allow any trapped water to be drained. They have many sizes based on rider count.

We have a 3 person, which is way too big to handle in the boat with guests. So it gets deflated when not in use and stored in the ski locker. We plan its use so we are not constantly inflating and deflating between boarding and tubing.

IMG_20200716_161947.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@hapyfishrmn Yes we try to plan its use and keep ours in the ski locker, not much else goes in there except the smaller round tube. Once the damn thing is inflated I lose the back part of my cockpit and the swim deck when cutting across the lakes. I will check out the WoW. Just looking for another tube get people who want and only can sit in on the fun without uncrating the Monster Tube......... As a side note, I see a lot of 3 and 4 person Mables on peoples docks blown up or in the water next to the dock secured to a cleat. I get it why they do such a thing.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One thing that I do with the XPS is when it's deflated is to fold it up. If you just wad it up & throw it in the ski locker the bladder will get all twisted around and make it a PITA to get it all straightened out again. I even had the bladder flip itself inside the outer shell before & couldn't figure out how it was not lining up with the holes for inflating. Now I take the time to make sure its totally deflated & fold it up before stowing away.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got a WOW bingo 2. safe and secure for the younge kids. can also be ridden like a chariot....

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So i have the following. Wakeboard, Frenzy 2 person laying tube, ZUP board, Super Big Ass No Where to store Super Mable HD 3 person, water ski's. The problem is that everyone enjoys just sitting in the Big Mable and getting pulled around the lake. It is just to big.

I was thinking about getting a smaller 2 person tube that people can sit on comfortably that isnt so big. Something i could set up a lot easier.

Anyhow i have looked on line, at walmart, dunhams, west marine, etcetera, and i see tubes cheap to expensive. Looking for a recommendation on something to add to my collection that would work. Any suggetions would be appreciated.
We’ve enjoyed the Airhead 75”.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We have a Big Mable (2-person). My kids are young so we can get 4 of them on there. It is enormous but as someone else said, we just try to use it towards the end of the day, after the kids are worn out from ZUPing and I'm worn out from skiing. Some people on our lake actually tie their tubes to shore when they're doing other sports and go back and get it later. Not sure if they've ever lost them but if you tend to stay in the same area for the day that could work too. I also see people strap them to the top of their Bimini but I haven't needed to make that jump yet.

IndySX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a nice inflation/deflation pump onboard with the battery clips. We blow up our tube when we are ready, and then deflate when we're done. It's a little wet when it goes back in the locker, but there are drains for that. I can dry it out at home on a fence or draped over patio furniture. Sometimes i'll just tow it inflated and really close behind the boat when we're done with it to avoid the hassle.

Being said, we are about to get a 2 or 3 person Mable. Not sure which yet. Airhead makes one called the Switch Back, but it's out of stock online. That one looks fun and not as wide as a Mable. We bough the HO Sunset 2 (~$160) and only had it a couple of months before the tube had a two huge bulges in it. Amazon is taking it back.