• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tubing Rope

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What length rope do you use for tubing? I have a couple 60' ropes, and from what I've seen that is the average length. The problem with the single engine jet, is you constantly get sprayed in the face with the jet with the 60' rope. Has anyone found a tubing rope that is a little longer? I feel like just a little longer would help, like a 75' or 80' rope. But I can't seem to find one online anywhere. Maybe I could make my own tow rope? Any ideas?

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use 60 ft only. My goal is not to drag them behind the boat as that is too boring for them. Therefor no spray problems :)

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Also, a longer rope will drag in the water, taking tension out of the line so the ride won't be nearly as responsive to throttle inputs. Like waterboy said, I keep the rope taut and the tube moving back and forth across the wake. I constantly see people with 21' to 24' wakeboard boats making super tight turns thinking they are giving the tubers a good ride when the tube is almost sitting still because the rope is sitting limp in the water.

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have seen sectional ropes at places like overtons. I dont know if they make them for multiple people though. By the way I use 60'ers. Another thing people do is use a tow ball,

Last edited:

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
60 foot tube ball, keeps the rope out of the water so you can whip them good!