• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tubing without spray in face

OBXjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Does anyone know if filling the ballast tanks reduces the spray while tubing? Also if not how does one tube w/o constant spray to the face? Thanks

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Zigzagging, googles or even better you get JetBoat pilot deflector. Longer rope helps too but you have to be real careful with it. Defiantly a bad idea on a busy lake

We typically use the ski instead of the boat. Less spray and much tighter turns.

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I just installed JetBoatPilot.com's Thrust Vector Wake system on my 212x. Had the same issue last summer. This will help knock down spray when tubing. I will also fill the two rear tanks to lower the nozzles a bit, as should you. I expect both combined will allow a much more fun experience for the tubers. Last summer I was doing a lot of zig zagging, but also handed out goggles. I don't know if anything is available for a 252 yet! I'm sure JetBoatPilot is going to be developing those parts soon.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
First you need a 70 foot rope then you need to be sure the tube is inflated nice and solid so it rides on the top of the water And then you need the super magnum Ak-19 Deluxe steering system on your boat , the bottom of the 2 outer fins are in the water at speed so it makes towing tubes and all watersport activities a lot better and the boat more maneuverable with a lot less speed bleed off in turns,, the system also has top inner fins , these only come into play when the boat is off plane in slow mode. Then they also are above the tie rods so you don't have any harsh cutout fin to get around the tie rod. And both inner top fins are the same and apply the same influence for slow speed steering Now yes I did say tie rods plural this system has the patented second tie rod included for a balanced steering system and redundancy in the steering system. Next the outer fins are adjustable so you can set the at several different levels of influence to make the steering assistance fit your personal needs. The system is built from tempered aluminum not plastic and it is designed to stay and operate above the existing keel and rudder system avoiding increasing the draft of the boat or needing to be lifted up in shallow water. Next the system does not require you to remove the stainless steel standoffs from the reverse gates , and the system has plaining surfaces that help the boat get on plane faster and stabilize the hull in chop for a smoother ride as well as clean the wake behind the boat for watersport activities. Now remember this is not JUST SLOW SPEED STEERING this is HIGH performance all time steering assistance at the level you choose . The complete system is buy direct discount priced at $489.99 with free domestic shipping . I also have similar systems for the 2015 through 2018 AK boats and many other patented steering systems for all the Yamaha jet boats. visit the vendor section https://jetboaters.net/threads/basic-information-about-the-various-options-from-cobra-jet-steering-llc.16857/

Attachments

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I purchased a airhead two piece tow rope from cabelas and my wife at the same time ordered the same tow rope from Amazon, we need to communicate better.. So I have two 50' ropes and two 10' extensions, if I make the tow rope 70' no spray. According to "American Tubing Association of America" 😆 65' is the maxs rope length but I don't think they had a jet boat spraying in there face the day they made that rule.

OBXjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I purchased a airhead two piece tow rope from cabelas and my wife at the same time ordered the same tow rope from Amazon, we need to communicate better.. So I have two 50' ropes and two 10' extensions, if I make the tow rope 70' no spray. According to "American Tubing Association of America" 😆 65' is the maxs rope length but I don't think they had a jet boat spraying in there face the day they made that rule.
Where did you get the 10 foot extensions from?

Hurly23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I ended up buying a 50ft bungee rope, and a 60ft standard tow rope. I cut the 60ft rope in half, melted the cut end, then tied an Anglers loop knot and connected it to the bungee rope. It should be about 75ft total rope. I havent tried it yet, but I will report back when its warm enough.

The 60ft rope was only $15 on Amazon, so I dont mind cutting it. I actually bought 2 bungee ropes, so I have two 75ft ropes, and 2 tubes.

Anglers Loop Knot how-to

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I ended up buying a 50ft bungee rope, and a 60ft standard tow rope. I cut the 60ft rope in half, melted the cut end, then tied an Anglers loop knot and connected it to the bungee rope. It should be about 75ft total rope. I havent tried it yet, but I will report back when its warm enough.

The 60ft rope was only $15 on Amazon, so I dont mind cutting it. I actually bought 2 bungee ropes, so I have two 75ft ropes, and 2 tubes.

Anglers Loop Knot how-to
FYI, someone in the group had a bungee rope break and got seriously injured. I would strongly recommend getting rid of the bungee rope.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Inflating the tubes properly is really important If the tube is under inflated it won't slide across the water and it won't want to slide sideways easily.. So here is a test to be sure the tubes are properly inflated and you have the correct high speed steering on your boat to allow you to scare the hell out of your unsuspecting passengers although none of us would ever do that. Simply attach a 2 seat tube behind a 3 seat tube then use a 70ish foot rope and find 5 full grown unsuspecting volunteers to test how the tubes slide across the water . Now to be sure the inflation is correct and the tubes will slide properly you must use a small boat to pull them because if it won't pull them you need to add more air to the tubes.
Once you can stand on the seat as well as drive with your feet towing this tube setup you know the tubes ate sliding across the water properly and you have it all figured out.

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How Jeff LOL

Jmiller912

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the super magnum ak-19 really help with spray behind the boat. I have a 2017 ar240

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It cleans the wake behind the jets you still need to use a 70 to 75 foot rope to get far enough back but the process is simple , Having a plaining surface behind the nozzle under the jet stream exiting the nozzle deflects some of the water that is rising up off the ride plates under the pump. When a boat is on plane it displaces water that water goes up behind the boat as the boat moves forward, the plate is on the nozzle positioned just below the nozzle opening so it reduces the effect that the upward traveling water has on the rearward projected jet stream thus reducing the interaction between the two. Also even without the plaining surfaces My system does not have reports of creating extra water spray like other systems do and have done for years. second picture is from under the nozzle looking up

Attachments

Last edited:

Jmiller912

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
any discounts.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
All the prices on my site are buy direct discount prices They have stayed the same for years and be advised there is a severe aluminum shortage, I have been advised that the prices of sheets are insane and any quotes are for 24 hours only Not sure what that is going to do to my products but as I have said time and time again this is my baby I do it for that reason if I can't get any of my parts produced for a while I may just take a vacation and relax until the shortage passes. But in either case material shortages like for boats means eventually the highest bidder gets the product.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Lots of threads on this:

We took a 60' rope and added 2 x 5' bungee ropes (airheads brand I think). That solved the spray problem for us. As Jeff said, make sure the tubes are fully inflated. I find that after inflating in the summer, once the tube hits the water, the air cools a bit and it deflates. So I air it up, do 1 ride, air it up again (top it off) and it is good to go for the day.

I also have the CJS system but installed it before I even put the boat in the water so can't speak to the before and after.

Jmiller912

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered the cjs hope it helps.