• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD Twin Engine Perfect Pass

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought the twin engine perfect pass system a while back and have yet to install. We are now thinking we are going to sell the boat. Since it looks like I will no longer need this system I would like to offer it up for sell to someone here on the forum. All components are still in the original box from Perfect pass and the bubble wrap is still taped around the electronics. Price is $1,100 with shipping included in the price. (Inside the continental US of course).

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sell the boat. . . .? What are you moving to?

tiger275

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is this still available?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
sure is.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Price lowered to $1,000. Shipping included in price inside continental US.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Indeed I have. . . . But I am about to entertain a cash offer on the lake house, soooooo all upgrade expenses for the boat are on hold. Considering selling as a package deal for the right offer. We'll see.

dirksgoat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BigN8,
Do you have model number or other information about it? Just purchased a 2007 and learning about all the new stuff out there. I am extremely interested in this.

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BigN8,
Do you have model number or other information about it? Just purchased a 2007 and learning about all the new stuff out there. I am extremely interested in this.
Unfortunately Perfect Pass uses different hardware to control the MR-1 engines that are in our boats and the newer 1.8s that are in @BigN8's.

This is a great price and less than even the group buy pricing.

dirksgoat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce thanks for the information. Would it be to much of a pain to convert? Wonder if perfect pass would give a credit where i could swap it out.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce thanks for the information. Would it be to much of a pain to convert? Wonder if perfect pass would give a credit where i could swap it out.
Most of the kit is different. @0627Devildog and I just went through this.

tiger275

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce. If I am reading you correct, the PP for sale in this thread is not the one needed for a twin MR1 engine boat?

That is good to learn since I was only aware of the twin vs single versions. But now I am learning there is also a twin vs twin for MR1 version.

@BigN8 - Can you confirm that the one you are selling was for the newer engines and doesn't include the parts for the MR1 install?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
image.jpeg
This is a picture of the manual. I don't know about the differences between the different kinds. You're best bet is to call Perfect Pass folks. All I can say is I bought this for my boat which is a 2010 SX 240.

dirksgoat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am going to call as soon as i can @Bruce, thanks for all the information. Maybe i can find out more info and have it on the FAQ on what is exactly different? The only thing i can think of is the DBW stands for "Drive by Wire" But i didnt think PP came out with this yet for Yamahas.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My understanding is 2010 and newer Yamaha's with the 1.8L's are all technically "Drive by Wire". . . . . as the physical throttle cables link to an electronic control unit. The other main difference is the mounting brackets. The MR1 unit mounts directly to the engine, whereas the 1.8L mount to the firewalls.

dirksgoat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
See below copied from my email..

Perfectpass is compatible with the mechanical Yamaha engines. You will need some parts to convert your DBW Yamaha it to the mechanical kit.

2x Yamaha mechanical servo brackets - $78.00 ($39.00 each)

2x Yamaha mechanical throttle cables - $98.00 ($49.00 each)

Aaron Adams, P. Eng.

PerfectPass Control Systems Inc.

902-468-2150

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is everything that came in my box.
image.jpeg

dirksgoat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just sent "Aaron" the picture above and asked. Really wished they had more information about what is different.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just sent "Aaron" the picture above and asked. Really wished they had more information about what is different.
Just went through this. . . . IF you want me to call and walk you thru it PM me your #

yamahaar230honewb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am somewhat interested but I've got the 2006 AR 230. So I buy this and the two items for 49 each and its good for my boat?