• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Twin engine throttles

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello All,

Having a minor issue with our new 250.

The throttles are slightly off with their position above idle. Trying to explain this, this may have terminology i'm not familiar with. The starboard throttle control has to be slightly forward of the port throttle control at anything above idle to sync the rpms. Has anyone run into this issue? There has to be an adjustment but I do not have the service manual yet. I see the throttle cable come through the front of the engine compartment into the throttle assembly or whatever that is called. That looks like it has an adjustment by moving the nuts to give or take away slack from the cable going to the control. I'm thinking about removing slack to the starboard cable by adjusting that. Could that solve my issue or is there another adjustment.

I'm trying to avoid going to a dealer for warranty for such a minor thing. I also have to adjust my friction on the remotes as well. The starboard doesn't pull back but the port throttle definitely loses position. I assume the friction adjustment is below the rubber caps in front of the levers. Otherwise, I will remove the plastic covers and figure out the friction adjustment.

Any help on either issue is appreciated.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do a search here on throttle adjustment. You should find how to do both. There is tso cams you can adjust in the engine bay on the sides with a couple 10 mm wrenches.

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another vid from someone who took the throttle apart, showed the throttle friction adjustment and showed another slight gap between lever (stops?) for forward and reverse function. Could help someone see whats inside if they haven't taken apart yet like myself.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The cable adjustment may help allow the engines to be engaged at about the same throttle lever travel.

There are many reasons why the engines sync at different throttle levels. Water flow at the jet pump, potentially different pitch impellers, differences in power output of engines, "tolerance stackup" in electrical design both at the APS and ECU, cable tension at the APS, etc.

If you ever want a closed-loop system to constantly adjust to compensate for the differences and sync the engines electronically, Ridesteady does that. And, with our Auto Launch functionality, Ridesteady also handles the acceleration from the start, allowing you to put your throttle levers full-forward (which helps avoid the throttle drop issue).