• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

UGH.... Winterization

Cut2thechase

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
This is our first winterization with a Chaparral 243 VRX. I feel this is something I can do myself (the closest dealer is 2 hours away) but just wanted to make sure I'm doing everything.

#1 Drain fresh water holding tank, fill with RV antifreeze and run thru sink and shower
#2 Spray lube on pretty much anything that moves on the propulsion, steering and engine compartment
#3 Fill fuel tank & add STABIL- run thru motor
#4 Blow water from exhaust
#5 Fog the engine thru the air intake
#6 Remove batteries and place on charger
#7 Plugging all hull holes

The coolant, engine oil, plugs and batteries are all brand new from buying the boat at the end of June. We put less than 30 hours on it so I feel that can wait until next year for all that.

Is there anything that I'm missing specifically for this model boat??

I was speaking with the dealer yesterday and he was saying something about filling the intercoolers and exhaust with antifreeze as well???? I couldn't anything in the manual, on this forum or YouTube about this!

Hopefully next season we'll be experienced enough to contribute instead of just asking!!

Thanks for all the advice!

John

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
The blow water from exhaust is equivalent to antifreeze. Many do antifreeze instead of blowing air like myself. Blowing of air should be enough to clear the water but many feel more comfortable pumping antifreeze through the exhaust system instead. Also, some people don't have a compressor. You can use a drill pump, or gravity feed the antifreeze through. But again, technically not necessary.

Otherwise looks like you've got this. Agreed on maintenance, you can definitely wait until next year for those items.