• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Underwater lighting - Lumitec SeaBlaze - Mounting Questions

Chris Roberson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2010 AR240 - and had purchased Lumitec SeaBlaze to mount on surface below the swim step area - boat was at the lake in our slip - so I didn't have any visual reference to look at prior to purchasing this light - its a very beefy brass assembly probably 3" in diameter - was going to be a winter project - but when I was looking at our boat yesterday - swimming behind the boat - I was noticing there does not seem to be much of a flat surface that would allow a completely flush mounting plane.

Anyone else mount these light behind similar year AR240 - how did you solve issue?

Thoughts? thanks Chris

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry, my AR is a few years newer. But have you considered the transom area so the light would fire rear-ward instead of down if mounted under the swim platform?

Chris Roberson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I want to send the light directly back... but only place is directly above the drain plug that has flat space to mount - probably only space for one light - was trying to get one on outside edges of the engines - but with curved edges - this large light may only fit above the train plug.