• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Up Armor Your Trailer!!!

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No. Those look tied together underneath. You don’t want that. Let me find the part number.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s these. I had to work up my own mounting U bolts since this is only good for up to 3” trailer channel height. Not sure what the 21’ comes with but my 24’ has a 4” channel height. Make sure to use the 15% off coupon if you order.

958468DD-3443-476B-8CEB-6A8050B87D4D.png

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20170817_135714.jpg
Problem with the cheap guides is they're made from a thin gauge metal, which makes them more likely to bend. Also, the VeVe Guides have a supporting bracket spanning the lower bend to help support the vertical portion from bending when hit. The VeVe Guides are also a heavier gauge material, again, which will help prevent them from bending. Others have bought the cheap guides and have complained about them bending after a hit or 2. It's up to you, but I like to buy the correct/best part the 1st time and not worry about it.

My wife loaded the boat on the trailer for the 1st time using the guides and she was very happy they were there. She used to just drift to 1 side and nearly scrape the keel on the trailer. It was a big confidence builder for her.
I have the 'ce smith 60" they hold up very well. These are great for my wife in cross winds. If I took them off she would scream at me. I bought the covers extra and would not do it without them

Last edited:

YamahaCC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I always get a laugh at these post. I have boats in both salt and freshwater - anything below the water line is fair game. Constantly running all the boats up on the beach - sure the bottom paint might protect a bit in the saltwater, but half way through the season it is worn off in that area (along with the thousands of others boats around myself). I might feel a little different if I had a colored bottom, vs the white of mine, but I don't even blink and eye when it goes on the beach for loading/unloading. I know this was done with the trailer, but scratches are scratches. I never see anyone in my geographic area ever worry about a scratch below the water line, they are expected, ha!

I, however, protect anything above differently! Fully detail a couple times a year, full boat cover on at all points when not using the boat, no shoes, etc. People are shocked it is 10 years old now. I've had guests think it is 1 or 2 at max. The jet is only in FW though, no SW.

Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X)

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I put no-slip on the front of the trailer and ran over it. If you look at the one picture...you can see it. Stupid!