• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upgrade my audio system! Upgrade Upgrade

AR210GLM

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I bought a 2020 AR210. Boats fun but I'm a guy and we always want more!!!
I want to upgrade the audio... 3k budget
I want more speed (any good bolt on ideas?)!
I want to add L.E.D. lighting maybe to the music (ideas?)
I'm sure there will be more but this will get me started.

Thanks in advance!!!!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is existing in the boat now for sound? All just stock?

For the speed--good luck. Save your money. There are some mods you can do (like ribbon delete), but they are not even going to get you 5mph more. In my book, not worth it.

LED lighting, lots of threads with good ideas around here. In cupholders and around speakers is very popular.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the speed increase, trade up for a 212, they are the fastest in the twin engine line up

AR210GLM

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is existing in the boat now for sound? All just stock?

For the speed--good luck. Save your money. There are some mods you can do (like ribbon delete), but they are not even going to get you 5mph more. In my book, not worth it.

LED lighting, lots of threads with good ideas around here. In cupholders and around speakers is very popular.
All just stock currently. I want good sound all around and I like it loud lol

Didn't think there was much but didn't know for sure. Didn't know if you can add and bolt ons or anything.

I'll have to look into the LED forums unless you have some useful links?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, so then, seems to me you need:
1) a JL amp; the M6600 is nice, but you may need a different configuration.
2) some JL speakers to replace the 4 in the boat. Many other good brands here, too...
3) Two JL MX10IB3 subwoofers. Probably aft below a bench seat.
4) Some tower speakers (again, many good brands here).

Not sure what folks are doing as to the head unit on the 2020 AR210's.... Not sure the best form factor/performance/location mix...

All of that said, there are many on this board much more proficient at specing and tuning these things than I am.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
$3k audio budget is that doing your own install ?

Great ideas that solve sound issues with boats and types of music.

The head unit hopefully has an RCA output. If so you can run that to an EQ then get three RCA channels for front (tower) rear (Cabin) and subwoofer Run two or three amps

The reason I recommend the eq is with different recordings some need adjustments to the bass / treble to maximize the volume this is exaggerated in a boat due to the open air environment wind noise engine noise and other parameters.

This unit is great it also has a volt meter and input switch listed as DVD but this is auxiliary input

Saturday, May 29, 2021.jpg

I like to find high end used car audio equipment for sub amps and subs

JL Audio 10'' sub woofer 10W7-3 this thing is a monster uses a small sealed enclosure sounds great. Then if you sell the boat you can take it out sell it or re use it

W73-o.jpeg

Pick up a 1000w Jl audio amp v2 series used to drive the 10'' sub

x13610001V2-f.jpeg

This should leave you about $1,500.00 for cabin speakers amp and cables .