• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upgrades to 212x

Haycor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hi. New to this forum, just purchased a 2015 212x, really enjoying it. I was wondering if anyone has upgraded the dash electronics to include some of the newer features that the new boats have like the touch display, wake-boarding\wake-surfing, throttles, etc.?

As well, the Bimini top isn't in the greatest shape and I would like to replace it with one that is more like the newer ones that is more fitted, anyone know if this is an option?

Thank you

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Having owned a 2015 212x until recently, I think these two upgrades would be quite expensive. A redesign of your helm to include touchscreen capabilities (if it would even fit the space) would seem to be a massive overhaul. Others In this group may know better.

As for the bimini design (frame and canvas) - it is designed to fit your specific wake tower. If you wanted to change the bimini design, but keep the existing tower... again, it would seem to require some real engineering effort, to start.

Separate from this, where are you located? I’ve been keeping my eye out for our old girl... where are you located? And where did you purchase your 212x.

Haycor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hi. Thanks. Just hoping to freshen up things to get a bit more current, I will look around. I appreciate your feedback.
We are in the Toronto area, purchased it about an hour west of here on Lake Erie.
Where are you located?

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Completely agree with ShesCrafty. I just bought a 2015 212x in March. I talked to two different dealers about the upgrade to the connect and touch screen. One said it would “be like super charging a ford pinto, yeah you can do it but why would you drop several thousands of dollars doing it when you can just buy a newer car one that has it already for less?” The other said it would be around $12k. So I stopped and new that I would rather be on the water than tearing my boat apart for this addition.
The bimini top may be a bit easier and I added one over the bow for my wife and newborn to make their days better. It took me about two weeks to figure out what I would need to do and then a couple days to find one I could modify.
Good luck on the upgrades and don’t forget to enjoy it the way it is while you are planning the upgrades.

Haycor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Thank you! Yes definitely enjoying it very much. Sounds good, I am not looking for that huge expense or to complicate things. I think I might just freshen up what I have over the winter and possibly install the perfect pass system. Otherwise some LED lights and new speakers will do it.

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Haycor ... if you search my older posts, you will find two from early 2018 regarding LED and stereo upgrades for my old 212X. Maybe it will give you some ideas.