• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upgrading Stock Depth Sender

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I was a little surprised that my 232 Depth sender unit is depth only, and does not have air and water temperature included.

Is it worth upgrading the stock unit to a better unit? What should I get if I do?

Maybe it's cheaper to get a floating rubber duckie thermometer on a string and troll him behind the boat!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How well does your depth gauge work now? The factory Norcross in my SX230 was broken when I bought it. I replaced it with the newest Norcross D10DX which has air and water temperature. Unfortunately it never provided consistent depth readings. I replaced it with a Raymarine Dragonfly that I am very happy with. The Dragonfly upgrade was primarily to gain navigational capability. I replaced the Norcross display with a battery gauge.

image.jpg image.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I upgraded to a lowarence elite 5 and I love it!!! Chart plotting, down scan, water temp. Can't beat it.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Don't mean to tread jack but how do you like the dragonfly @Bruce I've been eying it up more for fishing in the lakes up north. It's on the maybe list of my winter mod list.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length