• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upholstery repair... pinholes in a cushion seat

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I will attach a picture I have a couple small pinholes on my stern cushion not sure where they came from or what to do just want to stop it from getting any worse, suggestions?

Attachments

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hard to tell where that cushion lives but anything sharp can cause that... swim suit decorations, zippers, dogs, well ..... anything sharper than the fabric! Gotta be super careful with everything you bring into the boat.

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can fix with a vinyl repair kit available from most local auto parts stores. For holes that small, the repair kit will fix them to the point you will never know it happened. They work pretty good.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hard to tell where that cushion lives but anything sharp can cause that... swim suit decorations, zippers, dogs, well ..... anything sharper than the fabric! Gotta be super careful with everything you bring into the boat.
I think it's from my wakeboard or a ski it's the rear seat back

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just
You can fix with a vinyl repair kit available from most local auto parts stores. For holes that small, the repair kit will fix them to the point you will never know it happened. They work pretty good.
Just don't think a traditional vinyl repair kit would help me, I'm trying to keep this as small as possible, it's a pinhole, I'm thinking about a drop of superglue

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Several people (including me) have been happy using "Shoe Goo" to protect things like that from getting worse. It seems like super glue would be too brittle on the fabric and would likely break down over time.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup heard nothing but good of the shoe goo repairs on here. I would give that a try over super glue.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My experience with vinyl repairs and glues is that the glue traps dirt and ends up looking worse than the little hole.

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just

Just don't think a traditional vinyl repair kit would help me, I'm trying to keep this as small as possible, it's a pinhole, I'm thinking about a drop of superglue
Not true. The vinyl repair kits can fix rather large items as well as the small pin holes. They have the ability for you to mix and color match the vinyl so it literally disappears. I patched a few spots on the arm rest in my dad's 80's Corvette and it worked great.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for all your opinions and options!