• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

USB Connector

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On my boat I have the round USB connector and jack combo on my helm. For whatever reason the clips on it are broken and the USB receptacle doesn't stay tight to the rubber cover to allow it to be used - plugged into. Is there a replacement I can get aftermarket or a better one with possibly dual USB, LED light and quick charge to replace?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just ordered one off Amazon. There are very generic. In fact, I found one that had two 5a USB and a digital LED readout showing battery voltage. Very nice. Heck, I'm going to put one near the rear of the boat with another 12v outlet for phones, tubes and ballast pumps.

And I don't need to install these with the faceplate, I can just drill the three holes. But if I find the right space, I will mount all three together. I like the idea of using the switch to shut them down when not in use.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is real nice. I could see adding an additional one at rear and also up front in bow, since that is where the kids sit with their iPhones.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@biffdotorg Do you have the exact link? I am scanning amazon and I can't find that one. I see alot of singles

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are seriously hundreds. This one is coming from China, so I do not recommend it. But there are dozens exactly like it.

Search "12v Outlet" and watch the results come in. Good luck,

BTW, if you are wiring direct, be sure there is an inline fuse. Otherwise, put it where your previous one was and let 'er buck

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, you were right.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
for the life of me, I cannot find out where they ship from. Best bet is to grab something with good ratings, reviews and Prime. Then you may know you will get it in a reasonable time.

I wasn't sure if I could get it wired into a switch circuit, so I thought one with a power switch made sense to help avoid power drain.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was looking at this one for a direct replacement and do one over near glovebox as well. Comes with inline fuse which is nice.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was looking at this one for a direct replacement and do one over near glovebox as well. Comes with inline fuse which is nice.

Looks like a good choice. Let us know how it goes.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK, so while ripping out the stock head unit and swimdeck remote tonight, I finally finished the install of my USB/12v/switch unit.

If I didn’t fill you all in, I waited over a month for my order from China through amazon. They refunded me, and I ordered another one for the same price with prime. It shows up, and not 2 days later, the one from China shows up.

All was good, but I extended the power cords and got a bad crimp, so i just didn’t have the time to troubleshoot it. I did tonight and all is good. Now I just need to leave a Lightening cable in the boat as well for all the teenagers with dead iPhones.

2F56255D-92DB-4CFD-AE16-845C3B05D79B.jpegB878DAA2-84F3-42B1-AFBA-55463AA5D3A0.jpegE5127BAA-A776-4AF1-8F27-FA3179EBAF69.jpeg