• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Used wake tower for 2014 AR192 needed!!!

Boomatt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I just unwrapped my boat for the season and found that one of the tubes for the wake tower is cracked/split. I don’t understand how it happened (friend says water must have gotten it and froze).

in any event, do any of you know of a place that I can get a used wake tower for this boat or even parts of one? It’s the part that actually bolts to the boat. The split is near the port side bow attachment point.

All I’ve been able to find online are whole OEM towers for $5-6k and that just isn’t in the budget…

Are there any welders in the crowd that think this could be welded and be stro enough to still use?

I tell ya. I’m so careful when storing because I am terrified of mice chewing lines/wires and mildew taking ahold of my upholstery and my efforts have always paid off. This was never even on my radar as a possibility… I’m crushed.

edit: auto-incorrect got me…

Attachments

csmacken

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good luck!! I was in the same boat with a 212x. Parts for these towers are outrageous if you can find them. Yours is a few years newer than mine so it may be a touch easier. I bit the bullet and installed an aftermarket tower w/Bimini. Your biggest issue will be how to fill the factory tower mount holes. Hope this helps.

Boomatt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Lol. How does that help? I appreciate the response but, “you’re screwed buddy, good luck!!!” Is not helpful. Don’t take me the wrong way, I’m not mad about your response. The “hope this helps” at the end of the least helpful response just tickled my funny-bone!!!

csmacken

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just trying to save you some time and frustration with my experience. That’s all. Didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers.

Boomatt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Just trying to save you some time and frustration with my experience. That’s all. Didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers.
Feathers aren’t ruffled. I got a good laugh out of your comment. Thank you.

csmacken

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Laugh all you want but you’ll soon find out it was a very helpful post.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Try to find a professional welder/fabricator and see if they're comfortable repairing this. I'd imagine he would have to cut out the damaged tubing and weld a new piece in then paint it. Powdercoating (the original finish) would be difficult to find because it's a large part. So price in the cost for a body shop to put a durable single-stage paint.

TimmyT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Boomat, I just started pulling out my 212X for the year and have the exact same issue. I had noticed a little flaking of the powdercoat the last couple years. I'm not sure I buy water getting in it. Did you have any luck finding someone to repair yours?
Same as you, I don't want to spend $6000 for one part of the tower. The same side has a break at the back as well. But just this tower.

Attachments