• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Using boat with hole in hull?

jspo909

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately, last weekend was trying to get boat out of the water before a thunderstorm. Was next to the dock and a huge gust of wind pushed the boat against the corner and actually put a hole in it. Waiting for insurance to accept the claim.

Main question: being the holiday weekend could the boat still be used?

I know first reaction is probably no. But if its sealed so water doesn't get in (hole is above water level). Is there any risk of cracking or causing more damage? 20220522_172406.jpg

Maybe something like flex tape so that water wont get at the raw fiberglass. Thats what i would do in a bind

I cant tell from the picture where the damage is located. As long it is above the water line 100% of the time , do like nuetron said and rock on. May want to check the bildge pump and grab a few extra 5gal bucks, check flares, life jackets ect. File a float plan with the coast guard and maintain a 15 min ops and position report. Can you borrow an epirb too? Ha ha..

Agree with @Neutron. Flex tape it up and enjoy until you can get it repaired. (I’m no expert though)

Back